Thread: Vegas 8:'Watermark' image disappears at top and bottom of video?

Default Vegas 8:'Watermark' image disappears at top and bottom of video?

Hi.

I'm new here and wanted to ask my first question.

I've got a transparent background PNG logo that I want to use as my watermark.

I insert it into the media, setup a new video channel and place it in there. I then select crop so that I can place it and resize it.

I make it small and try to place it in the top right hand corner but it disappears after a certain point.

I then drag it left and have the same issue.

Then I noticed that it happened at the bottom also.

How can I solve this?

I believe that http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...e-cut-off.html is a similar thread but I do not understand the answer fully.

Edit: Would also like an answer that doesn't involve re-making the logo if possible. I don't have the Photoshop file for it.

In the other thread he's saying copy and paste your logo on to an image that is similar aspect ratio to you video size ie wide screen 16:9. If you do this then you will be able to make a small minor adjustmet with the pan crop tool.

Another way is to open the pan/crop tool of the logo clip and right click the logo image in the pan/crop tool window, select match output aspect, enlarge the area to reduce the size of the logo. Move it to the top right hand corner. You will see this will now allows you to position the logo anywhere on the screen.

I hope this is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    In the other thread he's saying copy and paste your logo on to an image that is similar aspect ratio to you video size ie wide screen 16:9. If you do this then you will be able to make a small minor adjustmet with the pan crop tool.

Another way is to open the pan/crop tool of the logo clip and right click the logo image in the pan/crop tool window, select match output aspect, enlarge the area to reduce the size of the logo. Move it to the top right hand corner. You will see this will now allows you to position the logo anywhere on the screen.

I hope this is clear.
    Thank you so much for that.

It worked very well.