Thread: New Hip Hop Music Video

1. Default New Hip Hop Music Video

Hey guys, done a new video - Have been away from vids for a while but done this recently.

Would love your crits

Cheers!!

Nice job Foztee. A very fitting video for the song. I'm not a fan of the hand held look but it was fitting for this piece. I think the outdoor shots where better than the indoor shots. They seemed sharper, more in focus or as though they were upsized or something.

Anyway I appreciate there was a bit of narrative, even though I didn't understand what was going on. Just watch out for the framing, if you look up rule of thirds you will understand what I mean when I say you did more quarters than thirds in a lot of shot. I only spotted it because I tend to do the same.

Well done.

Yeah, nice video, Again I'd encourage you to look up the rule of thirds, It's one of those things that once you know about it really changes the way you frame your camera shots for the better!

That was really good. For me, there were only two things that let it down (well, the same thing, but you repeated it!), and that was the directed by title. Sorry, but that really didn't work. Rarely do you see a directed by on music videos, and if you do, they are generally in keeping with the style of the video, whereas yours wasn't.

Otherwise, very very good.

I'm more music than video, and this was unlistenable for me, and I'm still cringing from the awful characters. Unfortunately that means I find it hard to want to critique the video side of things - was there a story here? I saw people in an alleyway, some doors opening and closing - pretty aimless. Trappin, trappin what?

The moral here is to find content worthy of your input - I'd start looking elsewhere.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Nice job Foztee. A very fitting video for the song. I'm not a fan of the hand held look but it was fitting for this piece. I think the outdoor shots where better than the indoor shots. They seemed sharper, more in focus or as though they were upsized or something.

Anyway I appreciate there was a bit of narrative, even though I didn't understand what was going on. Just watch out for the framing, if you look up rule of thirds you will understand what I mean when I say you did more quarters than thirds in a lot of shot. I only spotted it because I tend to do the same.

Well done.
    Cheers for that!

I will deffo think about that for the next video!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    Yeah, nice video, Again I'd encourage you to look up the rule of thirds, It's one of those things that once you know about it really changes the way you frame your camera shots for the better!
    Noted

Thank youu

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I saw people in an alleyway, some doors opening and closing - pretty aimless. Trappin, trappin what?
    Urban Dictionary: trappin