Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDD dead too much costs invovled to retrieve .veg files.

Default HDD dead too much costs invovled to retrieve .veg files.

What do you as a viewer when you read and suggest I should do? There are approximately 15 .veg projects saved on that HDD.Not the actual raw files themselves,I have those all.I'm a hardcore editor so please understand that before you ask any stupid questions.Reason being that to send the HDD to a Recovery Data Warehouse is too much $$$$$$$$$.Each .veg file on my HDD is projects worth $15,000 USD.

Meant the total amount of the saved projects equaled that.

.....How can old projects be worth $15K?!?
    Surely you make them, you hand them to client, you get paid and then you make a new one if client comes back!

But that aside, if EACH project file is worth that much, you'd be crazy not to send it off to a recovery warehouse for the professionals to retrieve your data intact!

How complex are the projects? How long would it take to do them again? You have a copy of the finished video, so it should be simple to use that as a guide to re do the project and consider it a punishment for not backing up the project files.

The Star and the triangle made me waste myself in trying to reply to you.

sick and disturbed paranoid digital director forum admins they need a good boss

....That is a very hostile attitude considering we have gave you free advice no?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Analord View Post
    sick and disturbed paranoid digital director forum admins they need a good boss
    Analord - I'm not entirely sure what has provoked you to call us sick and disturbed - but I suggest you modify your responses to the people you're asking help from.

If you can't be civil then you're entirely free to leave. I will have no hesitation in removing you forcibly if needs be.

Quote Originally Posted by Analord View Post
    What do you as a viewer when you read and suggest I should do? There are approximately 15 .veg projects saved on that HDD.Not the actual raw files themselves,I have those all.I'm a hardcore editor so please understand that before you ask any stupid questions.Reason being that to send the HDD to a Recovery Data Warehouse is too much $$$$$$$$$.Each .veg file on my HDD is projects worth $15,000 USD.
    If you can see your malfunctioning HDD in DOS, there is a free program called GetDataBack which does wonders. Last year I accidently formated a HDD that had all my RAW video on it and this program got them all back although it took 4 days to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    .....How can old projects be worth $15K?!?
    Surely you make them, you hand them to client, you get paid and then you make a new one if client comes back!

But that aside, if EACH project file is worth that much, you'd be crazy not to send it off to a recovery warehouse for the professionals to retrieve your data intact!
    I understand the authors frustration after your response. Can you see the reason why?
    He needs an answer to his problem and you are making it worse. He does not want to send it to a recovery house for whatever the reasons. Do you have an answer to his problem? If you don't, why the comments? Members on forums use PM for off-topic inquieries.

@admins
    I think you missed the point because he expected you to warn Bpotter908, this isn't his first time with off-topic comments.
    Last edited by chatmaster; 10-02-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast