Thread: Need help filming my Sitcom

Default Need help filming my Sitcom

I've written a sitcom and plan to film the first ten pages to send to contacts I have within the industry and try and get noticed. I've written the script and cast the actors, now all I need is too arrange locations, which should be pretty easy as we need an office and a staff room and then comes the filming. Being a writer I don't know much about filming and I want it too look good so any help i.e use of equipment, directing, editing etc would be hugely helpful and would give any film makers a great chance to direct and film actors on an exciting and original project.

Please get in touch if your interested asap.

May I ask if you have read this yet?

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/job-mar...producers.html

And if you have read it and understand it can I ask what your budget is for this?

Default Hi

I hadn't read it, have now though. There are several key differences with me. I'm not planning to put it on you tube or even try and make money from it. I have excellent contacts at the BBC/Channel 4 and this is where I will be pitching my footage. I make no promises to anyone and there is no budget because if I pay one person I have to pay everyone and I simply don't have the money to do that. This project is only for someone who wants experience filming/directing actors for a sitcom which not many people try and film and which is actually really good. If you don't have good material it doesn't matter how good the lighting is etc so you anyone who works with me has the opportunity to have a showreel that people will actually enjoy watching.

I think you have made your mind up by now as to whether your interested in working with me, at the end of the day were all trying to get somewhere and everyone needs a bit of help.

I've not made my mind up at all, it's just when someone makes a statement like: " I want it too look good so any help i.e use of equipment, directing, editing etc" Is asking for of equipment, crew, personal, time, ect and I think the very least you can do when asking people to invest all of that is to provide this clarity and concise detail rather than a very general statement that gives little specifics on the project.

You say you have excellent contacts at BBC, C4, Well you never said that in your opening statement, so how are we to know? "This project is only for someone who wants experience filming/directing" is a LOT different to the tone I get from your opening post, The tone I got from reading your opening post was one of "I'm doing this, I want all of you to come and help me do it". So you'll forgive me if my first gut reaction was have you read this sticky yet?

I apologies if my post came across as hostile to you, that was not my intention at all.

Is there anything else you might want to share about the project or about yourself?...It may help attract people to work with you.

To be honest I don't really need to attract anyone, I have had several people contact me in regards to helping me film and when they asked I was happy to explain my project, I didn't think I had to do that in my advert. Like I said I don't need anyone's money, only their time but this is a project that will benefit both parties so you or anyone getting involved should appreciate that.

I'm pressing ahead anyway, have rehersals this Sunday to finalize my cast, anyone be it actors or production who want to be involved should attend. I'll make my decision from there.

I thought TV producers made this sort of decision from reading the script and if they are interested they will produce a pilot. BUT what do I know. I've never tried to get anything on TV.

Blog Entries

I came to this thread late, but found it rather interesting. I hope the shoot went well and you got a capable crew and cast together.

I think Bpotter's post was entirely accurate and should act as a warning to you as well as anyone thinking of helping out. You suggest it's mutually beneficial. The reason t is beneficial to you is clear - you get your "demo" made, but for the cameraman/crew?

You suggest it's an opportunity to film a sitcom which you might not normally get to do. Now here's a contradiction - if they don't normally get to film in a sitcom type environment, then they are not experienced in such an environment and therefore cannot provide you with the "best looking result" which is what you are after. Anyone who is already experienced in such an environment won't need the experience and I can't see how they can benefit at all (unless they want to do it for fun).

But my biggest concern is your sttement "I'm not after money, just your time".
    Firstly, a correction, you're not just after time, you're after free rental of equipment.
    The free time is the free hiring of the operatiors.

But "only" your time? A person's time is one thing which cannot be replaced, ever. Please never suggest you're "only" asking for someone's time.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imransitcom View Post

To be honest I don't really need to attract anyone...
    Then why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    Then why are you here?
    It's a mystery that will go forever unsolved...or I could take an educated guess and I believe my guess on this occasion would be 85% accurate.