Thread: My new very short film

Default My new very short film

I recently purchased a canon 550d mainly for the movie shooting capabilies rather than the photography side of it. I havent had the chance to test it out much apart from messing about in the house and garden. Today we went up to Northumberland and I shot a bit of footage purely to try it out. Had an hour in Windows Movie maker to edit it and hey presto .Altho I had the tripod with me I didnt bother using it as a wanted that handheld look to it. I know its not great but see what you think chaps.
    Last edited by jimbob2k; 09-11-2011 at 09:07 PM.

I love the way Lewis is totally unfazed about having a camera pointed at him. Interesting choice of music. As you may remember, I like experimenting with sound scapes and music to give a different feel to a piece. I think it's very much undervalued in a lot of piece I see on here.

Smalltown, Queensland

That was alright, I liked how you got closer to Lewis each time - it suited the sinister music. At 1.00m there was a big dramatic sound, and at 1.03m you cut close to Lewis at the water; I would have liked these two moments to sync up, maximum scary!

As a test for a new camera it works, especially with the music. For me though I always wanted to see the boy in focus, or at least a couple of pulls from the leaves to the boy, the first shot where we see him in particular.

Thanks for the replies, it wasnt intended at all to be a movie really. Just a test. My little lad will be appearing in some more if I can persuade him not to look into the camera again. Have a couple more planned soon. Very impressed with the camera so far. Just need to look into sound and some decent lenses in the future.

perfect example of how music can set the mood.