Thread: edit an existing DVD... help needed!!

1. Default edit an existing DVD... help needed!!

can someone please help. I got married few years ago and wanted to change something on my wedding DVD. I have a Mac OS X 2.8 GHz intel core i7. I wanted to cut about 10 secs out from the middle of the DVD (also re-edit the audio that goes with it) but iMovie wont import the .vob or TS files from the DVD. How do i go about doing this?

Just an embarrassing clip. The original videographer tried using adobe premiere but when rendering the video, the video had jitters in it and strobing. He tried a good 6-7 times with the same software and gave up but I am persisting with this. He lost the RAW data.

As long as the DVD isn't copy protected you should be able to extract the files using a free program called Mpeg streamclip. Just google it and download it. You'll want to convert it to something which Imovie likes, some kind of quicktime I assume.

Mpeg Streamclip will work fine for you! But if you have issues with it, use a program called "Handbrake"

4. Default

Thanks. The DVD is not copy protected. Will the quality of the final output be compromised in any way? The original photographer tried abd the DVD had jitters where people were dancing or moving. Also the DVD contains like 40 vob files. If I edit one or two, will the final DVD render and burn seamlessly? Cheers for your help.

5. Default

What is easier to use? Will the quality of the final output be compromised in any way by using either? The original photographer tried abd the DVD had jitters where people were dancing or moving. Also the DVD contains like 40 vob files. If I edit one or two, will the final DVD render and burn seamlessly? Cheers for your help. Wish someone could do this for me!