Thread: How to fix things

Default How to fix things

So I had an accident with my Iphone.

Either, fork out 130 for Apple just to LOOK at the thing, or I get out my trusty Irish screw-driver.

A few taps on the back of the unit and the issues are fixed!

So...how have you fixed expensive items in the past without taking it apart like a proper technician is supposed to.

Well I had an accident with my iphone (3g) which resulted in cracking the screen. I had the option of paying 60 for someone who knew what they were doing to fix it, or buy the parts for 21 and have a go myself. 39 was a justified enough saving so I went for it following a few youtube tutorials and to my surprise I managed to get the job done and the phone even switched on afterwards!

Not quite on par with the topic however I didnt have a clue what I was doing I just relied on some guys video telling me what to do!

All hail youtube - my Juno-G synthesizer LCD screen mlafunctioned - it was a common problem with this model. Quoted $560 to fix it with a NO WARRANTY repair from a so called Roland dealership. So I bought the part from Roland for $210, then a youtube video told me how to spend 2 hours with some very precise manouvers to replace it myself. All went well, and I can probably vouch that I ended up doing a better job than the 'no warranty repair' idiots would have done - at least I did it with love

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    All hail youtube - my Juno-G synthesizer LCD screen mlafunctioned - it was a common problem with this model. Quoted $560 to fix it with a NO WARRANTY repair from a so called Roland dealership. So I bought the part from Roland for $210, then a youtube video told me how to spend 2 hours with some very precise manouvers to replace it myself. All went well, and I can probably vouch that I ended up doing a better job than the 'no warranty repair' idiots would have done - at least I did it with love
    I cant guarantee my job was as good as someone who knew what they was doing, but it was done with love! An what a lovely feeling knowing that you did the work yourself too!

I have a pinter at work that sometimes won't feed paper properly. I just tell the person using it to give the printer some love and it works nearly every time. If not I clear the paper dust from the rubber feet and it works.