Thread: Gaussian blur borders

Default Gaussian blur borders

Hey guys,

I have a picture which I want to blur for a transition effect. The problem is, when I blur it, the borders of the picture restrict it from blurring from the right-most side of the video to the left-most side of the video.

So basically I have the picture blurred, but the blur gets stopped by black border lines on the left and right, which looks trashy.

How do I remove that border and allow the Gaussian blur to go beyond that?

I don't see how it's possible to put on a blur without it affecting all the picture area unless you are messing around with a duplicate clip and masking. If you mean you have a black border left and right because of the aspect ration of the image ie 4:3 on a 16:9 project. use the Pan/Crop tool to crop the image to the right size. Go into the pan/crop tool, right click on the image and select match output aspect.

No program can blur an area that is not part of the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't see how it's possible to put on a blur without it affecting all the picture area unless you are messing around with a duplicate clip and masking. If you mean you have a black border left and right because of the aspect ration of the image ie 4:3 on a 16:9 project. use the Pan/Crop tool to crop the image to the right size. Go into the pan/crop tool, right click on the image and select match output aspect.

No program can blur an area that is not part of the image.
    I think your second one about the match output aspect thing should hopefully work. My computer with sony vegas pro is at home, so I still need to try it. I'll say if it works or not.