Thread: Show us your Editing set up!

Default Show us your Editing set up!

Ive had a quick look round and can't find a topic for this and the search keeps freezing on me! Bit sad but I do like seeing how other people have things set up!

Nick

Outback Studios

I want.

Quote Originally Posted by NFox View Post
    I want.
    Never gets or so my mother always told me lol

It's just a shame your setup is for audio editing rather than video :P

I'd be a bit too embarrassed to show off our editing suite, it's an Imac, coupled with another screen, a few TBs of External HDs with a keyboard and mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post

I'd be a bit too embarrassed to show off our editing suite, it's an Imac, coupled with another screen, a few TBs of External HDs with a keyboard and mouse.
    You are of course correct. Music was my first love, and still is. I used to host recording sessions from solo artists to bands, but soon discovered musicians dont like spending money. I found the video scene was more rewarding in terms of money. I sort of made myself a niche in to the wedding market with it. I have a very fast laptop which I am able to do same day edits on in HD, allowing me to do things like this :

This was the same day edit, and the reworked version as well as the same day edit went on the couples final dvd with of course the full wedding film. I average 20 to 30 weddings per year, but it leaves me very little time to persue my own projects, so I have now cancelled all my other packages and only do the one package which should still get me 5 to maybe 10 weddings per year. I dont want to do more than that, I want to do my own projects.

I think the more feathers in your cap, the more successful you can be. I am happy with the way things are going for my business. I have just upgraded my main system to an Intel i7 980x sixcore system with watercooling and overclocked to 4.3GHz per core. It makes video rendering happen in seconds rather than minutes. (Im also an avid online gamer in my spare time hence the speed lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post

I think most people have a similar set up, Well I do, except with a PC.

Nice Video SASMAN, Great idea to use the Bride singing.

Awesome effort sasman, it's great to see a product/service that goes beyond the call; you have proved your worth in one nutshell. I'd book you, but the chances of me getting married are -1

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Awesome effort sasman, it's great to see a product/service that goes beyond the call; you have proved your worth in one nutshell. I'd book you, but the chances of me getting married are -1
    Never say never. I said that twice lol.