Thread: Adobe PremierePro 7.doesnot see DVDburner on winXPSP2 pl hel

Default Adobe PremierePro 7.doesnot see DVDburner on winXPSP2 pl hel

About ½ year ago I upgraded to win xp2 pack. Before was using xp and burning DVDs with no problem using premiere pro and plextor-708a. My computer has 2HD (72Gb) each. Amd1800.
    After the switch to sp2 Premiere for some reason does not see the DVD burner (though I can play DVDs on the comp with Roxio or Win Media player with no problem). I am with the latest firmware for plextor (1.09) and EDI is set to DMA.

When I rescan at the DVD burning window (under DVD burners) – Premiere does not see DVD burners or acts as if there are none?

Searched Google everywhere if there might be a conflict with sp2 (because it worked before with XP). Nothing out there that would point to that…I tried reinstalling plextor driver – still nothing.
    Please advise?
    Thanks

un install service pack 2, I DID!

causes so many problems!
    2 x 21\" HITACHI super contrast monitors.....2 x 200 gig HDD\'s....2 x 512mb dane-elec pc3200.....TV in card (cheap and sh!t!)....3.2 P4 HT....BOARD - ASUS P4C800 - C delux (fsb 800mhz DUAL DDR 400)....GRAPHICS - ATI 256ddr POWERCOLOUR Radeon 9600XT (500mhz/400mhz)....MATROX RT.X100 real time editing card

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheWay
    un install service pack 2, I DID!

causes so many problems!
    Unfortunately that's becoming less and less easy, people are going to have to find another way. Microsoft (i refuse to use the stupid $ sign) have now made it a mandatory download on Windows Update.