Thread: URGENT: Video editing for 9/11 audio piece for this Sat

Default URGENT: Video editing for 9/11 audio piece for this Sat

We are making an urgent callout for a collaboration with a leading UK spoken word artist / sound designer / major London venue and several campaign groups. Visuals are wanted to make a video to accompany audio that will be made viral and shown at a heavily promoted exhibition this Saturday 10th Sept in London. This exhibition will subsequently tour.

If you are interested or know of anyone or can help to get word out, that would be great
    You can link to
    9/11 - 'The Long Awaited Release' by Pete the Temp (work in progress) by DeadKousin on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    or

I can be contacted on this address or on 07799 375147
    Please note we are unable to pay anyof the artists involved in this exhibition beyond the work we do in promoting their material.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Bearder View Post

Please note we are unable to pay anyof the artists involved in this exhibition ...
    And you're working for free as well are you? Thought not!

So, if you are willing to work for nothing so that this man can earn out of your efforts feel free...

Lol Rob, he's a pretty ordinary salesman - 'made viral', 'heavily promoted', 'exhibition will subsequently tour'. A lot of nasty smell for one paragraph!

I am working for free actually and so are the not for profit groups involved in the exhibition. I am not part of a company or comercial organisation. This announcement is for people wanting to collaborate in what I consider to be a pretty exiting project because they want their work to be involved in something they may feel is worthwhile. Not all videos are made for commercial gain. Perhaps this is beyond your radar. If so, fine, but kindly keep your cynical comments to yourself.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind if you'd read the sticky first.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/job-mar...producers.html

Especially the bits about not promising "exposure" or a future which can't be guaranteed. No-one can predict what will go "viral" and the chances of a 9/11 conspiracy theory (yet another one... yawn) becoming anything other than a platform for "several campaign groups" (ie conspiracy theorists) are... nil.

Any fool can work for nothing and many a fool does just that.

"major London venue and several campaign groups"

If I make a statement like this

"We need a video to be shown Sunday 11th September at the Excel Centre London, an event sponsored by Toyota in partnership with Nike"

That makes it far more credible! so please, tell us the venue, estimated seating capacity, the NAMES of groups involved and links to websites of said groups/companies.

You'll find the community here far more responsive I think!

"Any fool can work for nothing and many a fool does just that.
    Not 100% percent true - there are genuine times when working for nothing is worthwhile, often with no chance of future return or even publicty if the cause is something you are passionate about! I've met a paticular team for produce videos to help raise funds for various charity groups and on the occasions they do get paid, it only covers travel/food ect.

Blog Entries

The phrase is "Any fool can work for nothing and many a fool does just that."

It doesn't mean that anyone who works for free is a fool, money is not the only reason for working. It means that working for no gain at all makes you a fool. If I work for a proper charity then I'm helping elderly/starving/kids whatever. I may not be earning money but I am doing something good for my "soul" (whatever you take that to mean). If I work for experience then I am gaining knowledge but if I work for a project where I'm not going to earn anything, not going to gain experience and not going to advance my career... then let a fool do it!

We get soo-ooo many people who come here, looking for free video, and who promise the world, especially with wooly statements like:

"a leading UK spoken word artist"
    " a major London venue"
    "a heavily promoted exhibition"

or claim that the video will "go viral" or enhance your career or any one of a dozen other worthless predictions.

The moral of the story is... Read the sticky and Don't Bullshit!

Thank you for clarifying!