Thread: Hans, Lee & Papa Schultz - short film

Smile Hans, Lee & Papa Schultz - short film

Hi everyone !

Here is "Hans, Lee & Papa Schultz", a french short film shot in 2010. There are french dialogues but english subtitles. I hope you'll enjoy it !

The short film :

Summury : Hans was not supposed to die, Lee would better mind his own business, and Papa Schultz is far too demanding. Cindy is too hot, Tony and Dan do not have the same references, and French food tastes nasty. Immerge yourself in pop culture, four doors and mafia of the 60's in America.

Hans, lee.jpg

Written & directed by : Mickael Genin
    Produced by : Association RéalCiné
    With : José Da Silva, Daniel Girondeaud, Nathalie Boyer, Olivier Nespoulous, Patrick Manry et Christophe Picot
    Shot in HD, with Canon Eos 5D
    20 minutes
    Year : 2010

Quite fun in a Tarantino kind of way.

Hi Midnight Blue,

Thanks for your comment. It was of course inspired by Quentin Tarantino. My only regret : I wish I could have shot it in english. But it was financially impossible. Maybe for the next short film !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HLPS View Post
    I wish I could have shot it in english. But it was financially impossible.
    Blimey, I didn't know different languages cost different amounts
    I did start to watch last night - I thought it had a good look, but I didn't really engage with the characters and so lost interest rather quickly (quite apart from the fact I watched it when I was on my way to bed). Having said that, I've never managed to watch a Tarantino movie all the way through - probably or the same reason.

I'll try to watch it all and come up with some more useful comments.
    Tim

Hi Tim !

Thanks for your remark and honesty ^^

I hope you won't fall asleep in front of it.

As for the different languages which cost money, I meant that if you want to shot a movie in english, you need english actors, with a perfect accent. And the only places to find them are : Great Britain or US. And a ticket for a plane is expensive... :(

Waiting for your next comment

Blog Entries

OK I'm glad I came back to it - perhaps Scene 2 is a bit slow to get going?

Well worth a watch. I loved the look and sound of the piece - great colour and music.

Absolutely fantastic opening steadycam shot. Very well choreographed the only minor flaw being the girl in the red dress (2nd girl dancing) looked anxiously waiting for her cue, rather than cool and relaxed. Whilst, as indicated above, Tony and Dan didn't engage me at first, they really grew on me and I was reminded of a long cinematic and TV history of the bumbling double-act (Laurel and Hardy, Abbot and Costello) coupled with the baddies we love (Butch Cassidy & Sundance, Bonny & Clyde)

Well written, filmed, recorded acted and edited.
    There were a couple of moments where I was disorientated by the edit crossing the line, which were a distraction, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Incidentally, if you had got hold of British actors, this would probably have been worse than using French actors (unless, of course, they are very good at US accents).
    Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your criticism! I am glad you didn't fall asleep watching the short film!

I'm not quite sure concerning the english actors. It could have removed that gap which exists between french dialogues and american environment (cars, rockab', etc...). We'll probably never kow ^^