Thread: My Birthday Wish

Default My Birthday Wish

It's my birthday tomorrow and my wife said because I did such a sterling job looking after her, after her recent operation, I can have anything I want. Now my problem is what do I want.

A Panasonic AFS100 ? DSLR for video ? I just don't know. I always find it hard to justify spending money on my self when there is the mortgage to pay, The kid needs this and that, the house could do with what ever. Well you know the sort of thing.

What I do know is that I think I've taken this "hobby" a little to far this week end. I drove to the coast (over an hour to get there) just to get a couple of seconds of B roll, then a couple of days later I went back because I didn't get the right shot.

Have I been totally over taken by the monster that is video making ? Should I put the camera down for a few weeks and reflect on what is really important in life.

I'm confused and in need of advice and guidance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Now my problem is what do I want.
    Simple. Sex!
    Tim

As so often Tim, with your keen observational eye you put life in perspective.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Should I put the camera down for a few weeks and reflect on what is really important in life.

Definitely

then get the new Panasonic all the best for tomorrow

Cheers.

Life, despite being the longest thing we do, is simply too short. Just do what makes you happy and have a fantastic birthday!

Life is short.

However, when the kids have gone off to uni there will always be plenty of time to treat yourself to expensive gadgets.

Is there something you could spend the money on that would really help you in your day to day life?

I bought myself a little Linux netbook recently for the purposes of a organiser, mini presentation machine and emails around the house, at work and out and about, Is there an equal piece of kit that would benefit you?

A particular retired guy I know of is so into his hobby he has done the following:

Had fibre channels run through his house for networking.
    Bought a 2000 Mac pro with 2 Display screens...and he only uses it for web browsing, word processing, presentations and MAYBE Imovie here and there :P
    Last edited by Bpotter908; 09-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.