Thread: Exporting video without audio...

Default Exporting video without audio...

I have found that the sound on my project sounds better if I export it separately and then re-insert it into the timeline in Adobe Premiere. However, how do I export my movie WITHOUT the audio that is in the timeline?

I'm sure I've seen some options in various codecs for not including sound but it's not in front of me and I'll get it wrong if I say anything but...

as a quick fix, why not just turn off the sound layers before you export?

But I'm curious as to why you are exporting from premiere only to import the results back into Premiere.

Well, Alan...I read on here somewhere that someone had a similar problem to me...my audio when exporting into Premiere is nowhere near as good the original quality...they said if you save the audio alone from Premiere and then re-enter it into a new movie (and then add your separate video, hence me needing to export the video without audio) it sounds better (and back to the original audio quality). I therefore thought I'd give it a go...nothing to lose I suppose! If I just knew how to export the video without the audio, I could try it!

Well, there are about 1001 routes export routes in Premiere. Which one are you using? What format are you exporting to and what route are you using to get there?

Hopefully, I'll remember to have a look when I get home and can find the option for you.

In the meantime though, did you try my quick fix?

when you go to export you select settings and this opens the box for you to change codecs, on the first tab you appear on there are check boxes for audio and video, deselect audio, or video and it will export the video without sound as avi (better for editing) and the audio i think exports as a wav.
    i eat hobbits!!!!!!