Thread: !!Bounce!! A funny dog-video..

Default !!Bounce!! A funny dog-video..

Hey all,
    my first big video-editing-try-out...
    Knowledge at beginning of the work: almost none.
    Programs used: see link.

Comments are welcome!!!

Nice video for a first go. If you look at the last shot where you got down to the puppy's level this shot is much more engaging than the ones where you are looking down on the dog. Also try some shots where the camera is stationary and the dog runs past it rather than trying to keep it in frame all the time. Just a few ideas that might help for your next video.

Blog Entries

I'd have to agree with Midnight that the shots from the animal's height (ie the first 45 seconds!) were more engaging. I'd have loved to have see some more of the active shots from this height.
    Youhave a very difficult subject - Bounce being all black. On the assumption you are not going to dye the dog, aim to shoot where the light is behind the camera to show the contours of his body and the texture of his coat. In the current movie in too many of the shots really show him as little more than a silhouette. You might also like to consider looking into manual exposure - so you expose for the dog (which will in many cases over expose some of the background - but that's not as important as the subject)

I thought the openng was well edit to the music - the "wavy" effect at 0:11, something which would usually make me cringe, was an excellent choice to compliment the reverberated music, and the shot with te two dogs (from 0:16) was so subtle I missed it the first time - did you have to cleverly speed up/slow down the footage to get the "tic"s to occur at the right time, or did you do something off camera to get the dogs to perform?
    Tim

Hey guys, thanks for the comments, really appreciated!

- should I have filmed on eye-height, or more like cam on the ground, so paws are in middle of the screen?

- Midnight, I see what you mean with stationary cam, but then you have to zoom out a lot to keep the dog(s) in the frame (because they move so much), and then they look miles away...

- Tim, thx for the tips!

Tell me about it.

Have a look at my Willow videos.

midnight, haha, lovely dog!

Tim, forgot to say: shot at 0:16: well, I turned the music on in the room (so I could hear the beats), and squeezed in a toy on every beat .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rom View Post
    Tim, forgot to say: shot at 0:16: well, I turned the music on in the room (so I could hear the beats), and squeezed in a toy on every beat .
    Brilliant. If only human actors were as easy to work with!
    Tim