Thread: What is my trailer like? I need opinions, noob :D

Default What is my trailer like? I need opinions, noob :D

I've been learning (and loving) editing for about a year now. I started posting my Stargate Universe videos on YouTube in January but when I watch them today, I see some things that could be fixed/removed/added... Since summer started, I've concentrated most of my time to friends and didn't edit so much. I made this trailer back in April. It's the last thing I made.
    I would really, really love to hear you. Be honest, I'm not offended if you are being honest to me, I appreciate that.

For titles, I used After Effects (optical flares, and few other effects). For editing from episodes I used Premiere Pro CS3. It's a trailer for 2.5 season of Stargate Universe (which got canceled BTW)

If you want to, you can check my channel on YouTube as well, you have some other SGU videos. But that trailer is my latest. One of my vids has 38.5k views :proud:

I use Stargate Universe for practicing because I love that show and I literally, know every moment of every episode, which makes it easy for me to know which scene/moment would fit, and where in the episode is it.

It is a good series ( gutted they axed it )

My personal unprofessional opinion is it's too long, I think you could tell the story in a minute rather than 2.

You've gone for the epic side of making a trailer about Stargate which is nice to see ( Rush's ending comment, ect ) Perhaps you could try finding a font that is stargate esqe without being illegible?

http://www.rpg-resource.org.uk/image...rgate-logo.jpg Something like that perhaps?

Otherwise it's rather nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    It is a good series ( gutted they axed it )

My personal unprofessional opinion is it's too long, I think you could tell the story in a minute rather than 2.

You've gone for the epic side of making a trailer about Stargate which is nice to see ( Rush's ending comment, ect ) Perhaps you could try finding a font that is stargate esqe without being illegible?

http://www.rpg-resource.org.uk/image...rgate-logo.jpg Something like that perhaps?

Otherwise it's rather nice.
    Thank you! Glad you like it.
    I actually did use the font related to SGU. SGU logo itself uses that font
    http://www.spoiledbaby.ca/wp-content...verse-logo.png