Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timestretch in Adobe Elements

Default Timestretch in Adobe Elements

Hi - I want to add slow motion effect to a 3 second clip in my timeline. Using the timestretch tool, I can slow it down by half, but the clip still remains 3 seconds in length and looses vital frames from the end of the clip. Ideally I would like to keep all the frames, therefore slowing down a 3 second clip at normal speed, to half it's speed should create a 6 second clip??? Anyone know how to keep all the clips frames, and increase it's length??

Blog Entries

Right click on the video in the timeline, select speed/duration.

Hi - I've done that, right click, select Timestretch and increase the duration, to about 5 seconds - but it's still keeping it at 2 seconds in length and missing frames off part of the clip.

Blog Entries

All you have to do is enter a new speed. You don;t need to use timestretch.

When I right click on the Video Clip in the timeline, I don't get the speed/duration option. I do get an option called Timestretch, where I can change the speed/duration, however when I click okay, it just goes back to being the same duration - 2 seconds.

Is it because I'm using the tryout trial for PreEle??

Thanks.

I never worked with adobe elements. But, when you right-click to stretch the video, you have (if it's similar to premiere) 2 options: to change the speed and the duration. But, if you click on a certain option (see attached figure) you can change ONLY the speed, or ONLY the duration. Throuh that, you can change only the speed of your clip, and maintain the same duration.

Yup. this is how Premier pro works. You can change the speed only. So you 2 second clip when changed to 50% speed is now 4 seconds long. yet the clip on the timeline only plays for 2 seconds still and so you only get half of it.

What Premiere will not do is ripple your timeline along to compensate. Sometimes it might be a good idea if it did but most of the time it won't be inmy experience.

To fix things all you have to do is take your clip and stretch it on the timeline just as you would any other clip.

Ah so that's the reason why!! - Thanks Alan.

I came from Movie Maker 2 which automatically lengthened the clip when you edited it to make it slow motion. Now I will try and do as you suggested and manually lengthen the clip myself before applying timestretch.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJollyJones
    Ah so that's the reason why!! - Thanks Alan.

I came from Movie Maker 2 which automatically lengthened the clip when you edited it to make it slow motion. Now I will try and do as you suggested and manually lengthen the clip myself before applying timestretch.
    No, you'll have to stretch the clip after you apply the speed change. It won't actually be any longer until you've done it.

Okay thanks, I managed to do that.

I hope you don't mind me asking this question. I've reached the end of my music video project, and I want to end with credits and 10 seconds of empty video space, while the last beats of the song fades away in the background. Any ideas??? Sorry I'm still experimenting with Adobe Premier Elements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast