Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Website

Default Graphics Website

I made a website promoting my graphics work, it's nothing fancy. I've never done anything with web design before and I'm sure this will show. It's a basic simple site done on iWeb. It puts all the information I want it to accross, but I'm always open minded to any thoughts or criticisms.

http://www.nocommotions.com

David.

I like simple website. This is very easy to navigate and understand. Not sure about the background image on the home page though and the text at the bottom is hardly legible.

your demo reel is nice, but the sound seems to be in mono, which makes it lose some impact.

Also your client info is well explained , but it's technical, and it surprised me that this was the first thing there to read. You could send this info via email, or make it available as a download to people interested in your services, and write more about your previous projects, yourself... anything that will help you promote yourself and your work.

Finally, i agree with the previous poster that your home page graphics could be better, sharper.

Buttons, links and navigation is great.

I'm happy with the image, it has purpose. It's a scene, from a specific angle, that many people working in Scotland in relation to media are very familiar with.

The text on the bottom looked clearer in iWeb than it does now online. I was going to leave it, I'll have another think about it. I want it to remain in the background, but if it's barely legible that's not good.

Thanks,

David.

Your post appeared while I was writing that last one boogaju, thanks for the feedback.

Anything in relation to sound/music isn't my forte at all, so I'm not surprised there's an issue.

Also your client info is well explained , but it's technical, and it surprised me that this was the first thing there to read. You could send this info via email, or make it available as a download to people interested in your services, and write more about your previous projects, yourself... anything that will help you promote yourself and your work.
    This interests me, I decided to keep to a minimal necessary information on the site. The demo reel shows what I do and the client info shows how I do it. I have a bit of background information wrote up that I use in the opposite way you suggest. I send this out via email and include it on my C.V. I have a past in sales and marketing and usually I do ok with my marketing decisions. Whether this proves to be a mistake or not I'll soon find out. I'm going to leave it and see if my hunch pays off. If you ever look back and see that it's changed you'll know it never.

David.

Midnight, I made the font at the bottom a slightly larger. The link to the left is an external link and iWeb seems to mess up the text a little on this, other than that is it more legible on your screen?

David.

"Nocommotions - Glasgow Based Motion Graphic Design"

It's not so much the size as the grey on grey colour that makes it difficult to read.

I'll need to re-think that. It's not really there for reading, it's just for google to pick up on. But if it's there, people will want to read it and if it's not readable that's definitely an issue. It's perfectly clear on my screen, but obviously won't be for all.

But even then, now I've been reading that google might not pick it up anyway from an iWeb site so i'm looking into that. If it turns out true I'll just remove it. If not I'll have a think, I'll maybe just bring it up onto the picture in black text.

David.

Actually Midnight, while it is still an issue as most monitors are calibrated different, something you said just rang in my head.

the grey on grey colour
    You might want to calibrate your monitor, if the background doesn't appear pure black.

David.

Yes, sorry grey on black.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast