Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help

Default Please Help

Hello every1,

i been searching for months on how to do beat-synchronized to video or to picture... i really want to learn that i got Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus and it does beat-synchronize but now exactly to the beat. I REALLY WANT TO LEARN..beat-synchronize to video or picture. Is there a special program i can use or something... If anyone can help me please. i'm a beginer in film editiing about i'd like to advance and so on. So please Thanks A lot!

~Dj

Hi again, David Jason's Magical Xylophone, you might want to have a nosey at this program:

http://www.muvee.com/website/ap4.php

automatic syncing to music

Blog Entries

Auto-synching to music. What will they think of next?

I don't think I'd ever trust an auto system to edit for me.

The hardest thing is that you can't 'see' the beat. I found my own solution, as follows.

Open the music in multi track music software - Acid Express is free - and pick out the beat, ONE two three four, ONE two three or whatever. Then get a 'beep' from somewhere, if necessary record a tap of a pen on a desk, anything. Lay the beep on another track where the 'one' beat is, all the way through. Should be regular spacing. (But not always, I find)

Then delete the music track, and save the beep track as a wav file, and you have a visible metronome. Put the beep track on one of the sound tracks of Pinnacle, or any software, and you can see the peak in the wave form, so you know where to cut your scenes. Once you've made the 'beep' track it's easy.

You could set up a metronome to the right beat, and record that, if you have one.

I daresay others have their own ways, which may be easier, but that's mine, for the moment.

Don't cut to every beat btw, you can have some scenes that are 2 or 3 bars long, just make sure when you do cut, it is on a beat. You can't have some on the beat and some not. Either all the cuts have to be on a beat, or the beat is totally irrelevant. One thing or the other.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Gillian:

Very cleaver and good advice.
    Thanks for sharing.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Blog Entries

Just me being an complete amateur, but I like to pick out little quirks in the music and edit to those.

Blog Entries

That's a quirk, not a quark btw.

thank you! for answering, u see i dont know how to do that the beat track there is a song that has beats and i want the movie/pictures to follow it.. i have an example i'll try to send it to u later. it's my cuzine's his pictures/videos went with the beat the whole time. i'll try to get it n show you later but this one is a gr8 exaple!
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/techno_wedding.wmv

~Dj

Yes I've seen that one before, I think. I would guess those beats are mostly visible in the soundwave, anyway, though maybe not so easily in Studio, which has a smaller sound wave track than say Premier or Vegas. In fact, given all the reverses and so on, it would be difficult to reproduce something like that in Studio.

My advice works better with general editing, not 'techno' like that, which is great fun, mind you.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Blog Entries

And you'll notice that I tend to break all the rules It's about getting a feel for timing... and that just takes practice! There's not really a magic formula I'm afraid!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast