Thread: Working with multiple aspect ratios, video resolutions, and file types | Pro CS4

1. Default Working with multiple aspect ratios, video resolutions, and file types | Pro CS4

I want to edit together some footage from two different cameras using Adobe Premiere CS4, but I've got two different video resolutions, two different file types, and most troubling of all, two different aspect ratios. 1280x720.mov and 640x480.avi . I'm not sure what sort of project settings to go for, and what conversions I should do to the source files before editing. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would go for the settings of what ever you intend to render at. If CS4 will accept the footage as it is then don't convert anything. You will have to deal with the different look of the two different video types.

3. Default

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by different look?

I don't want any black borders around my footage.

I mean the HD footage will look different to the 640 x 480 footage, a different quality. This will have to be matched so it doesn't look odd. You may have to crop some of the footage to get rid of the black borders.

I am selling editing card Matrox RT.X2 .It support editing of multiple aspect ratios footages,all effects in real time preview on LCD screen..

with your footage on the timeline right click on the footage you want to match (i'm assuming you want to upscale your 640x480) and select "scale to frame size" obviously you are going to notice a difference in picture quality .....