Thread: Best Settings under Project Properties for rendering High Def. videos for YouTube?

Default Best Settings under Project Properties for rendering High Def. videos for YouTube?

Hi,

Can anyone please give me a the settings under Project Properties for rendering a High Def video for YouTube.

Right now I use different combination and while the video shows up ok most of the times, the graphics that I use (logos and vector text) always get stretched. Anyways, can anyone please give me the right settings. Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Are you saying that the vector graphics and text are imported into Vegas? What format are they? Do they look stretched in the preview screen or just after rendering.
    Can you post screen shots demonstrating what's wrong?

As a general rule the Project PRoperties should match your source (video) media. With mixed sources, it should match the most common one. Some well respected members of this community would recommend re-rendering all your media so it is the same before beginning to edit.

There's a very lengthy discussion about best render settings (as opposed to project properties) for YT in this very forum. Failing that, I'm sure Midnight wll be along in a minute with his shorthand answer to that aspect.
    Tim

Flipping eck, I thought my ears were burning. I think you've spotted the problem Tim, if the image is being stretched it sounds like the project properties as not set to match the media being used. Not much more we can say without more info.

For years I had been struggling to get my videos to look right (after rendering the video in Sony Vegas) on YouTube especially after they changed their format. The I found this video that explains the Properties you have to select while starting the project. It has changed my life lol...well not quite but its a must-see video if you are struggling with the same issue.
    Widescreen HD Settings - Sony Vegas: Widescreen HD Settings - YouTube

Blog Entries

I still hold that the project properties are irrelevant - or rather they should match the source footage. They have no effect on the rendered output.
    Tim

I beg to differ that they are irrelevant but agree they should ideally match the source footage. Especially if you have text or masking, this can be important for the positioning.

Blog Entries

You are, of course, correct Midnight. I was thinking rather narrowly when I used the term "Irrelevant.
    Tim