Thread: first film shoot today ....

Default first film shoot today ....

some of you may remember me mentioning that i had joined my local movie club .....

well, today we started production on our inter club film challenge. talk about being thrown in at the deep end.... under the guidance of one of the more experienced members i did the majority of the camera work on today's shoot. its amazing what you can learn from others in just a few hours overall a very enjoyable day

long way to go yet .....

Blog Entries

Delighted you discovered this, enc. You'll probably find that as the new member with a bit of knowledge, you'll be volunteered to do one or two things, then next thing you know they'll all look to you for inspiration ad guidance (at least that's what happened to me - guess who's chairman at Staines now) Out of interest which club are you with (and do they have a current showreel? I have a gap in our programme for Friday 9th Sept).
    Tim

Im with bolton movie makers tim. The club doesnt have a showreel at the moment infact, the websute is pretty basic at the moment. They're a friendly bunch i just find it frustrating sometimes at how slowly things move along lol! Congrats on chairman status

Blog Entries

Oh well, not to worry. I'm constantly surprised how many clubs do not have a showreel. Most clubs run an annual public show as we do. Having put in the effort to compile a programme of the best of the year, it seems senseless to throw that away, rather than justkeep it to exchange with other clubs. Not only that, but we sell copies to our members and even a few to the public.

I know what you mean about slow moving. I'm guessing Bolton members are like club members across the rest of the country - mostly of retirement age. You'd have thought getting people who are retired together to do something would be much easier that those of us who are still working - but the opposite often seems to be the case.

EDIT: I don't know that congrats are in order. It was more a case of either I'm chairman or we run without a chairman which could potentially result in the club folding. Again with 90%+ members being retired you'd have thought someone would find the time...
    Last edited by TimStannard; 08-15-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    Tim

[QUOTE=TimStannard;166676] I know what you mean about slow moving. I'm guessing Bolton members are like club members across the rest of the country - mostly of retirement age. QUOTE]

I would say 75 percent of BMM are retired. I must say they are a very friendly, dedicated and enthusiastic bunch of people though !!!! even members not involved with the current film project turned up on Sunday to help out or just to have a nosey what was going on at one stage there were 12 people on "set" .....the film has only has two actors at this stage LOL !

[QUOTE=enc;166768]
    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I know what you mean about slow moving. I'm guessing Bolton members are like club members across the rest of the country - mostly of retirement age. QUOTE]

I would say 75 percent of BMM are retired. I must say they are a very friendly, dedicated and enthusiastic bunch of people though !!!! even members not involved with the current film project turned up on Sunday to help out or just to have a nosey what was going on at one stage there were 12 people on "set" .....the film has only has two actors at this stage LOL !
    When is it your club get together if you don't mind me asking? I am based in Manchester for the next 9 months so would love to come along sometime if I am welcome?!