Thread: No shot is worth dying for.

Blog Entries

Default No shot is worth dying for.

Just found out on Facebook that a friend of mine is in hospital after a paragliding accident.

Tourists Rescued After 18 Hours In Cable Car - Yahoo!

It seems that he was one of a double-crewed paraglider which crashed into a cable car. This surprised me as I never knew he was into that sort of thing. Quickly the story came out that he was working (oh, yeah, forgot to say he's a cameraman for German TV) and had agreed to film some shots from a paraglider.

Now, according to another friend who was on the job, it seems that the reporter talked the paraglider pilot and the cameraman to "accidentally" fly close to the cable car to get the required shots. This is, of course, illegal and when the complaint came, they were to claim that a gust of wind took them in the wrong direction. Talk about irony... It would seem that a real gust of wind did just that and they collided with the cables.

No-one was killed, my mate got concussed and bashed about a bit and the pilot slightly bruised but... This could just as easily resulted in me going to a funeral in Munich.

It does make you shake your head and think... How could anyone be so stupid?

That's a coincidence Rob. A friend of mine fractured his spine paragliding in France last week. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Blog Entries

Cue grams: Theme from "The Twilight Zone".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    That's a coincidence Rob. A friend of mine fractured his spine paragliding in France last week. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.
    People that know someone on videoforums shouldn't go paragliding?

An interesting Parallel.

Blog Entries

I would suggest it shows that if it ain't got wings, engines and a stewardess, don't try and fly in the friggin' thing!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    I would suggest it shows that if it ain't got wings, engines and a stewardess, don't try and fly in the friggin' thing!
    Wings and engines I'll grant you. But I'm aiming (as you well know) to be flying next week with the Blades. And they don't have stewardesses. Are you just trying to scare me? lol