Thread: how to add events and shuffle all else along

Default how to add events and shuffle all else along

Hi guys, I'm new to Sony Vegas Platinum 10 after fighting a loosing battle to get Pinnacle to work effectively with HD footage.
    So, I've now got a large number of events lined up though want to add something in the middle of my timeline. When I do, it puts it over the top of other events meaning I have to manually move everything else along to make room. How do I add a new event between other events and have the timeline move everything else along automatically?

Turn on Auto Ripple.

I err.... have to input more than 10 characters... so I can't just say thanks... so, how are you? Having a nice day? 'Midnight Blue' eh, very mysterious... reminds me of Aladdin. It's all Middle Eastern and mysterious. By the way, Robin Williams is epic in that film. Did you ever notice he played the market seller that introduces the film as well as the Genie? "Great quality gear, it'll never break!" /boink/ "...It broke..."
    Aah never fails to make me smile, even at 27. Just a kid still. Well Midnight Blue, it's been a great pep talk. I think I've fulfilled my obligation of 10 characters now so I have to go now. But do keep in touch eh?

LOL Glad we had time to chat.