Thread: Video Conversion is making me crazy with stripes and lines on converted footage

Default Video Conversion is making me crazy with stripes and lines on converted footage

When I convert video from one format MP4 to AVI or MP2 for editing, I get lines and stripes as the camera moves. I have an example screenshot of this problem, and it is driving me crazy.

I have used ISKYSOFT, and many other software types, also trying to edit in Premiere 1.5 and CS3. I do not know if it something from the software, because I have tried it on lots of differnt platforms.

This particular case I am trying to convert MP4 high definition video from my camcorder to AVI or MP2 so that I can use it in Premiere Pro fro editing. Even without Premiere Pro, just the conversion using ISKYSOFT, the output file shows these lines.

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Try changing the field order. Having the wrong field order can cause this problem.

Hi, if I have a MP4 file, must the field order be changed before conversion, if so where can I modify this setting?

I am not sure exactly where to do this.

I can't tell you how to change things because I've never used the software you have BUT I know if you have HD footage you should select Upper-filed first or if you have Standard definition footage you should select lower-field first. You could always try None/Progressive which should change the rendered footage from interlaced to progressive.