Thread: PLEASE HELP!!! ASAP!! PLZZZ

Default PLEASE HELP!!! ASAP!! PLZZZ

Hello everyone,

i hope someone can help me. I just filmed my sister's engagment party and it looks gr8!!! but i have an analog camera (Sony HandyCam DCR-TRV140 NTSC) and it supportys usb mini usb to usb. i did that before the quality was VERY TERRIBLE! i thought about Firewire. i did sum re-search but i couldn't find out if there is such thing from mini usb to Firewire. One side firewire other side mini usb that connects to the cameria...(werid look shape). So i am think of getting Firewire PCI card. but i want to know if there is such thing does the firewire cable have that mini usb port? they look alike. Please someone HELP ME PLEASE ASAP Also it supports S-Video the camera and my Video Card would that work also would Adobe Premiere Pro detect it or wut? Thx A lot!

~Dj

YAY!!! i just noticed that my cameroder has DV In/out... does that mean it will work? Better Quality? plzz someone tell me? does this mean that my camera is Digtial or Analog? this is how it looks.

It means it's digital, and you can use firewire.

Hooray!

:firewire:

Wait so does that mean that i just put the firewire cable or do i need a specail firewire..also would the quality be a lot better..can u explain it to me? is it DV ? or wut it says DV in/ out would i have to go buy a DV or firewire is DV??? Also my Sony camcorder came with drivers for the camera would i need to install that or is that only for the usb? if i just put in the firewire will it work?

YAY!!! IT"S NOT ANALOG!! WOOHOOO!!!

:!: hello??? any help be appericated...thanks! :

Oh my god, calm down! Get down off the ceiling, and don't touch another drop of Sunny D.

You need:

- A firewire cable (more on this later)
    - A firewire card or socket, (which may or may not be built in to your PC)
    - software that can capture from a DV camera (take your pick)

And there you go.

As for the cable, there are two different kinds of firewire cable. There's 4 pin, which is the one on your camera, and there's also 6 pin, which looks like this:

http://www.cofa.unsw.edu.au/units/re...imac_small.jpg

So when you order the cable, you need 4 pin on one end, and, depending on whether you have a 4 pin or 6 pin on your computer, you need that connector on the other.

If you don't have a firewire card, you need one, which if you're from the US (which i think you might be?) you can get one from www.newegg.com (do a search for "firewire card")

Aaaaaand breeeeeeathe.

Good luck

haha...lol i got everything i have to install it i'll do it right now.. but i would like to know if i install this well the quality of the camera or film be A LOT better than it would on a USB? and wut is a good editing program i can use. And Yes i am From the US USA RULES!!!! YAH!!! lol

~Dj

Quote Originally Posted by Djmx
    haha...lol I got everything I have to install it I'll do it right now.. but I would like to know if I install this well the quality of the camera or film be A LOT better than it would on a USB? and wut is a good editing program I can use. And Yes I am From the US USA RULES!!!! YAH!!! lol

~Dj
    The quality of your footage should be a lot better yes, a lot less jerkier.

Editing program? Probably Adobe Premiere Elements.

Have fun!