Thread: What do i need atleast

Default What do i need atleast

Well im wondering what is needed to have fast encoding without any a/v desync....

my specs:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/5/2004, 13:53:30
    Machine name: ZENITH
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 222MB used, 1027MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

and i got CD and DVD rewriters.

I usually download tv series and then put them on VCD which needs no encoding to burn, but now i started to put them on DVD and it doesnt do any encoding just converts my mpeg files to VOB and puts all them in folders. when i burn all that onto DVD and i start playing it.. at the end episodes start to get a/v desyncs and i have no idea why
    can i any help here... like what do i need and what to do

Framerate is more likely to be your problem. Your system is fine, and anyway putting those films onto DVD does not require "real time" encoding.

Check the framerate of the source and if it is not EXACTLY 25 frames per second (for PAL) then your audio will be further and further out as you go on.

If you're mostly getting US stuff, that's likely to be at the wrong framerate for PAL.

Blog Entries

If you're re-encoding, make sure your source audio is constant rather than variable bitrate. VBR audio tends to desynch. I can't quite remember how I've overcome this problem before, but I think I used the LAME audio encoder with TMPGenc.

Are you sure it's not re-encoding? A VCD would be MPEG1, whereas DVD would (should) be MPEG2. What are you using to create the VOB files?

i use TMPG authorizing tool to make vob's and tmpgenc to re-encode stuff. btw today i done this film and it was alrite, no a/v desyncs but it was MPEG1 and came out alrite on dvd. but then i tried different film but with the same encoding settings that i used with previous.... and i had a/v desync :(

what should i do get the a/v sync right?

btw i also use mainConcept MPEG encoder it does encoding faster than TMPG

Blog Entries

Have you checked the framerate as Freuy mentioned?

yea its 29.970 and its the same one i used to re-encode the stuff

says it all :P

If it's a VBR MP3 source then demux that (extract just the audio) and then save it as a WAV - proper CD quality 44.1KHz 16 bit no compression; then remux the WAV (put the audio back) - I think you can do this in TMPEGenc but I don't know the specific options, I have a really old version of that from when it was free. You can do it in VirtualDub for sure.

This can help with desync problems like Marc said; I'm a bit bemused as to why the MPEG1 format worked OK, but maybe the VBR audio is better in a CBR video context, whereas your MPEG2 video settings could be VBR too...

I could, in fact, be totally wrong about this!