Thread: HELP! Title Animation/Panning Stuttering in Vegas Movie Studio 10

Default HELP! Title Animation/Panning Stuttering in Vegas Movie Studio 10

Okay, so I just created this animated title opening in Vegas Movie Sudio HD Platinum 10...I used the panning animation technique used in this video:

The intro turned out fine. It plays without any hiccups when I open it in a normal media player like Windows Media Player...However, when I import the clip into Vegas to act as the intro for my videos, the clip stutters graphically and doesn't look as smooth as it does in WMP.

Did I do something wrong? Or does Vegas just not like its own rendered clip? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Don't worry about it. The preview window is having to do loads of things in real time that are all done when you render the file. In other words the rendered version will be fine. If you want to check timing, redice the preview quality.
    Tim

This is what the stuttering looks like: Imageshack - capturevp.png

It isn't just slow frames in the preview window. Even after rendering this short 8-10 second clip alone, it's still jumpy with the colors and text.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrakBlack View Post
    It isn't just slow frames in the preview window. Even after rendering this short 8-10 second clip alone,
    Sorry, you hadn't made that clear. I've come across that sort of "blockiness" where stuff from one frame "bleeds" into another in preview and is carried over into a render. IN the past. It seems to occur when quite a lot is going on in the project. Usually I found that a reboot and possibly a defrag of the disk with the source footage sorted it.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Sorry, you hadn't made that clear. I've come across that sort of "blockiness" where stuff from one frame "bleeds" into another in preview and is carried over into a render. IN the past. It seems to occur when quite a lot is going on in the project. Usually I found that a reboot and possibly a defrag of the disk with the source footage sorted it.
    There is indeed a lot of stuff going on in this particular clip. Lots of sound effects, music, animated panning and zooming, lighting...I don't have the raw Vegas file anymore, only the rendered MP4. Again, it plays fine in a normal player, but when I import it into Vegas it freaks out.

Could you explain to me in detail these "reboot" and "defrag" options? Are they even still doable after not having the Vegas file?

I think what Tim means is reboot the computer and defrag the windows file system. It's always a good idea to keep your system optimised.