Hi all! I'm new here because I'm also new to video editing. I've just come back from a mountain biking holiday in the Alps which was recorded on a Kodak ZX5, 720p"60fps. I intend to edit the footage into a ride video. As t's my first vid I've a lot to learn and before I've even got started I'm having issues...
Firstly, Pinnacle 14 HD is not able to play back the HD footage smoothly in preview. A test composed video jars on certain frames and doesn't really play back at all. I have already learnt that I should transcode to a lossless format such as Huffy. I have tested this in AVS Video Converter, but when playing back the 2gb, 30sec clip in WMP11, it jars and doesn't playback. Pinnacle cannot see the Huffy file either.
Even before I've inserted footage into P14HD I'm having issues - can anyone offer some advice as to transcoding the HD footage into something the editing suite can digest!? It's being edited on a laptop with an intel 2.2 dual core, though I have a desktop Athlon 3.0 dual core for which I could purchase a new editing suite to install upon.