Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting up as a Corporate Video Production Company (as sole trader)

Tim's probably right about the poster wandering aimlessly around posting his problems and I genuinely hope others have gained a little more info thanks to everyone's contribution to the original request.
    Another nugget of thought on the business side says, let the buggers flounder so they then make the mediocre videographers look pretty good
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Another nugget of thought on the business side says, let the buggers flounder so they then make the mediocre videographers look pretty good
    You may have hit on something there, Zero. I wonder whether it takes more effort to raise the standard of one's own work or to lower the expectations of potential clients. Perhaps you should write a book - "Lowering the Bar - Zero's Guide to Alternative Business Parctices"
    Tim

I would, only it's already been done . . . Lowering expectations or 'The Tory manifesto'
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

I wonder whether it takes more effort to raise the standard of one's own work or to lower the expectations of potential clients.
    That's going down in my all time favourite quotes hall of fame.

David.

Blog Entries

I would, only it's already been done . . . Lowering expectations or 'The Tory manifesto'
    Whereas the lot before based theirs on that well known cinematographic term "The Willing Suspension of Disbelief"
    Tim

Well as stated, this information has been very helpful for me at least! Its been a long road for me so far but I am getting there in the corporate field! I have completed a small corporate video for one of Sky's contact centres and I have a job coming up in October for a quite high end Gym in Liverpool which will be my first paid job! They have already recommended me to their friends who own a chain of hairdressers before I have even produced them any work!

I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone, I haven't really had to post anything on this forum as the information is generally readily available so good job guys! It doesn't go un noticed!

Nick

7. Default

iv been working with a small production company recently and theyv been relying on word of mouth and a small contact base which meant they wernt very adventourous so didnt really get much work. so i decided to try and go of and present myself as a one man deal, i literaly aproached people at some of the jobs i was working on, and just directly emailing people and i found that theres more work out there than youd think, i found that most people just couldnt afford having video work done so never went looking, so when i offered them a price they where over joyed and i had work. id just be foward and confident, also im not a huge fan of the website, its practical but lacks wow and profetionalism, its really easy to build sites that look much more profetional and exspensive than they actualy are.

Quote Originally Posted by NFox View Post
    Well as stated, this information has been very helpful for me at least! Its been a long road for me so far but I am getting there in the corporate field! I have completed a small corporate video for one of Sky's contact centres and I have a job coming up in October for a quite high end Gym in Liverpool which will be my first paid job! They have already recommended me to their friends who own a chain of hairdressers before I have even produced them any work!

I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone, I haven't really had to post anything on this forum as the information is generally readily available so good job guys! It doesn't go un noticed!

Nick
    Aaah - Result! My faith as a little knowledge, big heart contributor is restored.

Blog Entries

Aaah - Result! My faith as a little knowledge, big heart contributor is restored.
    That's a relief! You were in danger of becoming a big knowledge, little heart contributor!
    Tim

Cheers Tim - I started this life with a big heart, but after many years of little pieces being torn away, It's a little jagged now.
    p.s. I've forgotten more than I know now too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast