Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No audio to my video in Premiere! Please help ASAP!!!

Default No audio to my video in Premiere! Please help ASAP!!!

Hi,

I have a problem and if anyone can help I would be extremely grateful!!!

I am ripping some video from a dvd...using DivX compressor...and its working fine...creates an avi movie, watch that movie...works a treat, video and audio is great and very clear!

So I go into Adobe Premiere and then enter that video file (I can even do this from a blank project) and then export the timeline and the video is fine still, works fine, but there's no audio!!!

This is for a university project so I really, really need to get this sorted ASAP! If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful! Thank you!

Blog Entries

Assuming you've the appropriate licence to use copyright material, transcode the audio to WAV before importing to Premiere (and make sure you're exporting sound!)

Hi Marc, thanks for your quik response! Much appreciated! I am not quite sure how to export the audio as a WAV! In addition, I am definitely exporting sound in Adobe Premiere! Do you have MSN Messenger? I don't suppose you'd could add me if you do? I'd be so grateful, I really am desperate now, I have a university deadline and MUST get this done! james_garley@hotmail.com

Thanks Marc,

James.

Blog Entries

What are you using to extract the video from the DVD? There should be an option to select audio compression. If not, simply input the video/audion into virtualdub and use this to de-multiplex by saving audio only and selecting WAV as the encoding option. You can then bring this audio into your Premiere project.

Hi again Marc,

I am using some software called AoA DVD Ripper. It seems to be working fine in the sense that the video file works (and there is audio) when the avi file is executed. There is an option in this software to extract the audio to WAV format but this doesnt seem to be working! :(

Where do I get this software that you recommend? Thanks again, I really do appreciate you taking your time to help me.

Blog Entries

OK Marc,

I've now downloaded that software and installed it...please could you now tell me how to extract the audio from the video clip? I've loaded the video clip into virtualdub and just now need to know how to extract the audio to a WAV file! Thanks!

Blog Entries

File > Save WAV.

Hi Marc,

OK - I've extracted the WAV file...I've now gone into Premiere and inserted the video file and then the audio file (WAV file) alongside it...and nope, when I export the timeline (or indeed just play the timeline in Premiere...what do you know...no audio!!!!) WHY!! God this is frustrating!! Any other ideas?

Blog Entries

Send a few seconds of the WAV to the email in my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast