Thread: Tutorials help!!!

1. Default Tutorials help!!!

Hi guys,

Im a composer starting to get into filming...

i need free very good tutorials for learning techniques, lighting, tips etc. ....

if anyone knwos in youtube or other places plz let me know, i really need it, and really apriciate it, thnx!!

Any public library (remember them?) will have books on cine, the principles are much the same.
    You don't say "what" you are filming . . . is this to promote your music?
    If, not then you need to define just what it is you want to film - because that will affect the tecniques that are important - although a good grounding in "all techniques" won't be time wasted.
    The stuff on YouTube "tends" to a bit BeeinBonnet, er, IMHO.

Can you post some examples of your compositions? ...there could be money there -

EDIT:
    I noticed you are asking about Software and then backed-down ... FWIW,
    Vegas is good, but has a lengthy learning curve.... even with experience....but first you need to get your ideas into a camera - that's so easy to say . . . .
    Last edited by vidmanners; 08-02-2011 at 08:05 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Any public library (remember them?) will have books on cine, the principles are much the same.
    You don't say "what" you are filming . . . is this to promote your music?
    If, not then you need to define just what it is you want to film - because that will affect the tecniques that are important - although a good grounding in "all techniques" won't be time wasted.
    The stuff on YouTube "tends" to a bit BeeinBonnet, er, IMHO.

Can you post some examples of your compositions? ...there could be money there -

EDIT:
    I noticed you are asking about Software and then backed-down ... FWIW,
    Vegas is good, but has a lengthy learning curve.... even with experience....but first you need to get your ideas into a camera - that's so easy to say . . . .
    It will b for music videos, commercials and promotional videos.
    yes, also promoting my own stuff

Sony Vegas: So dyu have any other suggestions, remeber i have a low budget but i need professional results

thnx a lot again!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mottel View Post
    Sony Vegas: So dyu have any other suggestions, remeber i have a low budget but i need professional results
    Mottel, you keep saying this. I'm no pro but I do know this - you really need to reappraise your priorities.

The ability to get professional results is primarily down to your knowledge and skill as a cameraman, director editor etc ...

Of less importance is having good equipment. This includes camera, lights, microphones. (However, if you have the enough of the skills and knowledge mentioned above, you could still get professional(ish) results using cheaper equipment so long as yiou are aware of and work within the capabilities of that equipment)

Right down the bottom of your list of priorities is the NLE software you use. The cheapest version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio is very capable of producing professional results - it's the source material and the capabilities of the maker which will determine how professional.
    Tim

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Mottel, you keep saying this. I'm no pro but I do know this - you really need to reappraise your priorities.

The ability to get professional results is primarily down to your knowledge and skill as a cameraman, director editor etc ...

Of less importance is having good equipment. This includes camera, lights, microphones. (However, if you have the enough of the skills and knowledge mentioned above, you could still get professional(ish) results using cheaper equipment so long as yiou are aware of and work within the capabilities of that equipment)

Right down the bottom of your list of priorities is the NLE software you use. The cheapest version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio is very capable of producing professional results - it's the source material and the capabilities of the maker which will determine how professional.
    Thank u tim!

Any suggestions as of wht tutorials are good to watch on youtube? (for different things, lighting , shootting, software, etc.)

thnx again!