Thread: birds of prey experience

1. Default birds of prey experience

a great day out with some birds of prey.
    generally it went ok, but i am not happy about the sony vegas 10 (not pro) limiting my render to 30fps, when i filmed it in 60fps.
    guess i'll have to get the pro version (or adobe) to do proper slow motion.
    hope you like, any feedback welcome

Thanks for posting that. I would look forward to seeing the difference. Do you know; or is there any way of telling what the exposure time was for each frame? In this instance, perhaps one can only hope for the shortest time; to minimise blur.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oneorangedog View Post
    but i am not happy about the sony vegas 10 (not pro) limiting my render to 30fps, when i filmed it in 60fps.
    Surely it is the rate you film, and not render, that is key for slow-motion? For example by playing 60fos back at 30fps, you effectively slow things down by half - but have have all the frames you need.

That's right Marc. That's why for super slow mo you need special high speed cameras that can shoot at thousands of frames per second. This does not mean you can't get good slow mo without a high speed camera. Shoot at the fastest frame rate your camera can shoot at. I have found with my camera that setting the shutter speed to the fastest the light will allow also helps. There is a plug in called twixtor that does a great job with slow mo but it's $265.

I did this with the method I described.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Surely it is the rate you film, and not render, that is key for slow-motion? For example by playing 60fos back at 30fps, you effectively slow things down by half - but have have all the frames you need.
    perhaps i am doing something wrong. i stretch my event in SV, then render, then re-import it and stretch the event again to slow it down further.
    are there better ways to obtain/refine this level of slow motion effect?
    i'm pretty sure i filmed it at 60fps (on a gopro HD).

Yes but you would have to upgrade to the Pro version of Vegas. Or invest in the plug in I described earlier.