Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me EDIT! :(

1. Default Help me EDIT! :(

I have a Lumix Fz38 which records in HD and i have windows, i plug the camera in to put the footage on here it i open it and view in windows movie maker and i can see it but i cant save the files to my computer, and the files wont import, apparently i have to take the files out of HD before i can edit??

Are you saying you can't copy the files from the camera onto the computer ?

3. Default

yeah pretty much

When you plug the USB cable into the camera and then switch it on does the computer recognise it ? If so, all you have to do is, WITH WINDOWS EXPLORER, copy the video files to a location on your hard disk. If you only have Windows Movie Maker, the video files from your camera may not be compatible so you will need new software to edit the videos.

5. Default

yes but what software

I would recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. Or something similar. It all depends on how much you want to do with the video. etc. Take a look at all the Vegas options and compare what each can and can't do.

7. Default

so how do i get that and what do i do once i have it?

Just click on the Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 link I have provided. Then follow the instructions on the website, if you have the money to do so. This a a video editing package so you can edit your video, is that what you want to do ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Just click on the Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 link I have provided. Then follow the instructions on the website, if you have the money to do so. This a a video editing package so you can edit your video, is that what you want to do ?
    i dont need a editing program i need to be able to save the files to the computer, i plug my camera in and can view videos, and display pictures but there is no option to save the files so when i unplug my camera everything comes off the computer,

Just copy and paste the files onto your computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast