Thread: What apple computer is best for AfterEffects?

Default What apple computer is best for AfterEffects?

Hi,
    I'm looking into buy an Apple computer for Adobe After Effects. Which is the best choice? Please keep in mind that I am on a budget and it will also be used for school.
    Thanks!

It may useful to consider Adobe's own recommendations, Tech specs | Adobe After Effects CS5.5 .
    Then, I would consider how the computer would be used, and your requirements for additional disk space and screen size. Also, consider if there are any other pieces of hardware which you will want to connect to the computer (e.g. cameras).
    I don't know much about Apple computers; but am hoping this post may assist you.

A big one.

Ho ho ....

AE will run on a fairly low spec computer. Like a laptop.

Obviously The processor speed will affect how quickly it will render a view.
    The RAM will affect this plus the length of any render time and length of RAm previews...which are very useful in seeing what the hell you're doing.

Simple scenes render quickly - however a sexy complex scene involving, say, particle generation, will take a Looooooooooooooooooooong time to render (even a single frame for viewing).

The answer to your question is simple - you buy the fastest meanest computer you can - only that will really allow you to run a decent size monitor for working in and a speed that allows you to fully explore all that AE has to offer.

As Tim says, go with the reccomendations.... and if you go lower than that expect to be making a lot of tea while AE renders and thinks and you have time to kill.

Do you need a MAC?..... really?.... it runs fabulously on windows.

Do you need a MAC?..... really?.... it runs fabulously on windows.
    Definitely, if your looking at combined hardware/software costs Mac has much cheaper options. But if your dead set on After effects, you can get more bang for your buck running it on a PC, as long as your running windows 7 64bit.

David.