Thread: bad interview

Default bad interview

Hi guys,
    I have made a video for a friend, and it contains a short (about 1minute 20 secs) interview/conversation between two people. I recorded it using the on camcorder mics.
    The hall, was very noisy and the conversation is almost drowned out by the ambient noise.
    Question: can anything be done with it/ Can anyone help?...I suspect I can guess the answer but I am living in hope!
    thanks
    Snapper2

Sorry dude, this kind of issue is very difficult to deal with. You can try playing around with audio editors but at the end of the day it's never going to be right.

Generally speaking,some camcoder have the function of clearing up the noise.Maybe you should read the instructions carefully.

Default Thanks

Thanks Guys, it is as I expected, however, a long shot is always worth a go.
    I have studied the instructions, always do that before making an ass of myself on line.
    The local camera shop/photo Studio back in the fifties had a notice on the counter "If all else fails - Read the instructions." it has stuck with me and been very helpful on many instructions. The new one to memorise has to be getting flour out of Bread- applied to many sound enquiries posted on this forum.
    but hey ho, live in hope.
    Thanks again for all help,
    Snapper2

Try raising the "lows and the mids". The idea is that vocals are usually in that range, so by raising the lows, it'll make the voices sound closer.
    Once you find the spot were the vocals are(works best with a graphic Equalizer) and raise it, you can then lower the volume to a good level where the voice isn't to loud, and that'll bring SOME of your background down as well.