Thread: Pictures And Video PLEASE HELP!!

Default Pictures And Video PLEASE HELP!!

I am new at this so can u please tell me.

What do i need to do to make to my pictures so they appear good on a tv. i tired lowering and making the resolution smaller but its still the same, how do i make my pics look good on a tv???

Second. If i film with e brand new hi defenition camera and i put it to watch on a low defenition tv, what will happen??

And Third, what will happen if i film with a bad regualr camera and i put it on an advanced hi defenition tv???? :arrow:

Default Re: Pictures And Video PLEASE HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelli_d
    I am new at this so can you please tell me.

What do I need to do to make to my pictures so they appear good on a tv. I tired lowering and making the resolution smaller but its still the same, how do I make my pics look good on a tv???

Second. If I film with e brand new hi defenition camera and I put it to watch on a low defenition tv, what will happen??

And Third, what will happen if I film with a bad regualr camera and I put it on an advanced hi defenition tv???? :arrow:
    Hi.

First question: Erm... leave it alone! Don't adjust the resolution. A DV camera captures at the optimum resolution for TVs. I'm not sure why you're asking this question, so maybe i'm misunderstanding you?

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

It all depends on how good your TV is. Low resolution TV can't display High Definition any better than normal low res. Normal TVs have a picture quality measured in lines of resolution, color liniarity, saturation and contrast ratio.

A good TV can usually manage 400 lines of resolution, a computer monitor can manage a great deal more, 1024 is average. There are some highly technical reasons TV resolution is so low, so getting your video to look 'sharper' will be difficult. Also the luminance and color depth may be limited in the TV as well, again due to technical reasons.

The only way your video will look as good as on your computer screen will be if you get a High Definition TV set.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70