Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check this video out please!!!!

Default Check this video out please!!!!

Could you please check this video out:

Link removed

and tell me what you think.

The video is 120meg and is about 11mins long and is DivX encoded.

It originally came about becuase of a design and media project.
    It was written, designed, produced, edited and directed by Flat 47, which is basically my flat mates and I, and we've decided to make a production company after producing this video.

The idea behind this video is a prospectus for The University of Birmingham, but from a different perspective, based on the Prodigy - Smack My ***** Video.

Yes I do understand there are some major faults in the video... and I have found most of them, but they are mainly asthetic and dont ruin it too much.

I would appreciate it if you try not to suck up my servers bandwith too much, lol. Also please dont edit the video or mess around with it. Its not copyrighted, for obvious reasons, but all the footage is owned by me (and Flat 47) and we would appreciate it if you do not use it for your own use.

Enjoy

Anthony Bills
    (Editor, Graphics, Special Effects, Camera, - Flat 47 Productions)

Default Re: Check this video out please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyb
    The video is 120meg and is about 11mins long and is DivX encoded.
    do you have any smaller samples?

or lower bitrates/smaller resolutions?

I will try and download it some time though, I'm intrigued.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

No sorry, the originial was like 2.5gig so compressing it to 120meg took long enough and looks rubbish enough quality. I might encode a smaller version as this is still full resolution. But it took ages to encode so i'm not doing it at the moment.

Stay posted for a smaller resolution version

Anthony, at 11 minutes long, and a divX file you should really, really be able to set the bitrate for the video and the audio lower.

I'm a prodigy fan, so i'm intrigued to see it though. S.M.B.U. is one of the best music videos I've seen.

Personally, I'd use VirtualDub - www.virtualdub.org - load the file into that, and if the file is at DVD resolution, use the resize filter to halve it.

Then, on the video filter, apply a DivX filter with a bitrate of, say, 400 for now. Under audio compression / conversion select Mpeg layer 3, have that reasonably high if it's a music video.

Then i'll download it

Sorry to sound like i'm telling you what to do, but you're asking us not to drink your bandwidth dry

It's already Mp3 encoded... the audio is 160kbps Mp3 and the Video is about 179kbps i thinnk... Any less quality and it would ruin the video.

It's becuase its still in 720x576. I will make a smaller version today but will only put it up dependant on how good it looks.

Plus dont worry about the bandwith its about 80gig/month or something and I usually use about 1/100th of that.

Blog Entries

The frame size will not make a difference to the size of the video.

So I could have a 1600x1200 video frame and it would be exactly the same size at the same bitrate as a 24x18?.....

Right well, i've got it down to 27meg (wmv) but it looks rubbish so i'm not going to even bother put it up as I cant stand low quality video.

Sorry all those people with small harddrives and only 56k connections.

Hey, anthonyb, what if you split your vid into two segments, and then we could download each part to see it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyb
    So I could have a 1600x1200 video frame and it would be exactly the same size at the same bitrate as a 24x18?.....
    By definition, the bitrate is the amount of data per second.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast