Thread: Drive Issues When Trying to Capture from Camera

1. Default Drive Issues When Trying to Capture from Camera

My external computer drive keeps going haywire! I'm using Sony Vegas pro 8. I just got a new mac which I'm running virtual windows on so I can keep editing on Sony Vegas. But I'm having a lot of issues. When I try to hook my camera up to capture footage - I get my image on webcam, not the camera I'm using to upload footage and there is this loud wonky sound over the speakers. The most disturbing part is I get a message saying my drive - which is 3 tb external drive - is corrupt and unusable. This has happened a few times and I've have to have someone come in and restore the drive. Sadly some of my folders were lost. What is causing this and what can be done about it? Is Sony Vegas 8 simply not working in virtual windows on the iMac? Thanks for your help!!!
    Dave

Interferring here, being a Win7 (32) PC-user and trying to make sense with Vegas Studio 10.

I can understand the logic of wanting to stay with a program you know (Vegas Pro 8, you said). What I'm not understanding is why you buy a Mac, which then needs "converting" to a PC . . . . well, perhaps the build-quality, but there are expensive PCs - although some are best avoided, I hear.
    You've not said what Win OS you are using, presumably something recent to take advantage of latest features, etc. I wonder, is this WinOS the same as the one you used successfully with Vegas Pro8 ?

. . . . . . . . . Have you sorted out the problem(s)?

My only suggestion, is to check with SonyWebsite...they have a Forum, hopefully populated with real users -and - the issue of using Macs must have come up before: - this "might" give you a clue....

Good Luck.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 07-30-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigapple View Post
    The most disturbing part is I get a message saying my drive - which is 3 tb external drive - is corrupt and unusable.
    What format is the hard drive? I understand Macs can read NTFS and FAT32 (Windows formats) OK, but I know that PCs cannot read HFS - the apple format - without some special driver loaded. Could this be your problem?
    Tim