Thread: Burning .mov files to a BluRay BD-R?

Default Burning .mov files to a BluRay BD-R?

Hi all,

I have a Lumix TZ7 which seems to record a reasonably good quality HD video. I have used PowerDirector 9 64bit Ultra to create a film of our son's rugby match, and when I view it in .mov format on the computer it is great quality and really good to watch. When I burn to disc the file size drops from 20+GB to about 5GB, and so does the quality of the video (even with the video quality options set at the highest selection of HD 1920x1080p).

My question is in 2 parts:

1. Can I just burn the .mov file to a 25GB BD-R, and if so
    2. Will it play on any computer that can play Quick Time files, or will the computer need to have certain video playing spec?

Thanks in advance for any help - at about 2.50 a disc I can't afford to keep experimenting with my BD-R's for ever!!

Cheers, Moose.

In case it matters, I have: Windows 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz, 8GB RAM, and a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphics card.

If by burning the video to a bluray you mean as data files as apposed to a media disk. Then the answer is yes to question one but the second part of the question would depend on the hardware ie the computer would have to have a disk player that can play the disk, ie a bluray player. The other thing is that the computer will have to be powerful enough to cope with HD material. So if it's relatively new it should be fine.

Sorry if this is a bit vague but there are a lot of variables with all the different computers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If by burning the video to a bluray you mean as data files as apposed to a media disk. Then the answer is yes to question one but the second part of the question would depend on the hardware ie the computer would have to have a disk player that can play the disk, ie a bluray player. The other thing is that the computer will have to be powerful enough to cope with HD material. So if it's relatively new it should be fine.

Sorry if this is a bit vague but there are a lot of variables with all the different computers out there.
    Data files are exactly what I meant fella, sorry if I hadn't explained it clearly. Thanks for the help. I'll give it a run burning a .mov file and hope her computer can cope with the HD video.

All the best, Moose.