Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Rendering Move Timecode ?

1. Default Would Rendering Move Timecode ?

Hi,

Would rendering a video clip from wmv format into mp4 format cause a Timecode to be relocated?

I edited a video clip of a sporting event and inserted a timecode to measure to one hundredths of a second (.033 to be reasonably precise re fps). I checked that the timer started at the precise frame I wanted then rendered the video into mp4 format.

After checking the video following feedback from a colleague I found that the timecode had moved and was starting later than it should be by about 3 frames. To insert the timecode I simply dragged and dropped it from the VFx menu into the video clip.

Is it a known artefact that rendering can cause a relocation of a timecode?

Rgds

Three frames ! what do you want, perfection. AND what difference does it make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well, it's a sports video and 3 frames = less than a 10th of a second. Could be quite crucial.
    Tim

I suppose it depends on what the sport is.

Blog Entries

I suppose it depends on what the sport is.
    I'm guessing it's not bowls
    Tim

BUT it could be snail racing. I have a couple of giant land snails called Sid & Nancy. When I feel they are of a suffient size I'll make a video of them.

7. Default

Absolutely, 3 frames is equal to just under 0.1 seconds, how many yards does that equate to for a drag car at full speed or any other sporting event where tenths of a second make a big impact

Rgds

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'm guessing it's not bowls
    No it is not bowls but winning margins are measured in units that go down to a granularity of one hundredths of seconds

Rgds

9. Default

BUT it could be snail racing. I have a couple of giant land snails called Sid & Nancy. When I feel they are of a suffient size I'll make a video of them.
    Best thing for your snails is to pour a kilo of salt onto them and watch them saponify to mush,... nice, nice... You do say take things with a pinch of salt in your signature, how appropriate, Ha Ha...
    Last edited by wet bimbette; 07-23-2011 at 01:55 PM.

10. Default

I hope to get an answer to the question I posted about rendering to a different format possibly moving the timecode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast