Thread: Captain Jack Sparrow-The One And Only|HD Tribute

Default Captain Jack Sparrow-The One And Only|HD Tribute

Hey, new here (:

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

A short tribute video to one of the most prominent figures in the history of film, Captain Jack Sparrow. Hope you like it!
    If you like the Vid please do like and write a Comment below
    Last edited by GuyUolielTV; 07-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Moved as this is clearly a Fan Video.

Out of interest, which of these "fair use" categories do you consider this falls into?
    Also note that this is a UK forum and I don't believe the UK has no such "Fair Use" clause in its copyright laws.

I'm not objecting to you posting it, but I'm not sure your justification is valid.
    Tim

Thant's an interesting point Tim. As this is a Hollywood/American film, (Although some of it was shot in the UK) Does that mean it is protected under the American copyright laws or Is it that the film is protected differently depending on each individual country. Also is the rule where the person posts from or the location of the server the file is held on or even the server location of site it has links or embedded on. It's not as straight forward as it should be and I think the law should be clarified or made global or something.

I was given a black mark from YouTube last year because one of my videos contained footage from the Winter Olympics and the IOC put in a complaint. I did think about fighting it but in the end I couldn't be arsed just for a fan video, so I took it down. I wouldn't mind but it was my most popular video on YouTube (over 500 views). This isn't saying much, looking at the feeble number of views I get.

Well first, I apologize that I published the video in the right forum, my mistake.
    About copyright - in total I copied everything I have published information on Video from YouTube, it's not directed at this forum, but administrators YouTube.
    Midnight Blue-YouTube gave you a black mark for content is the Olympics, and probably leave the icons communicator channels broadcasting the games, you should download them and then they had not said anything to you.

Besides, how my Video? : D

I always find it hard to critique this type of video but this seems ok. It fitted with the music and the clips are entertaining.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GuyUolielTV View Post
    Well first, I apologize that I published the video in the right forum, my mistake.
    No apology needed. That's pretty much what I guessed which is why I moved it rather than removed it or ranted

Quote Originally Posted by GuyUolielTV View Post
    About copyright - in total I copied everything I have published information on Video from YouTube, it's not directed at this forum, but administrators YouTube.
    Again, I understand that. But my question (not a criticism, you understand) remains.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I always find it hard to critique this type of video but this seems ok. It fitted with the music and the clips are entertaining.
    I'm glad you liked it

I'd like it if people who have a YouTube user will write a response below for video
    Last edited by GuyUolielTV; 07-24-2011 at 04:22 AM.