Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video editing software

1. Default Video editing software

Hi All!

Im not a pro, but i do need to make professional looking music videos and commercials (or promossional videos), im watching a lot of tutorials on Youtube, specificaly from Tom Anton he's really good and clear!

THIS IS MY QUESTION:
    I need an easy to use editing software that wud give me professional results, but my budget is really low!! and as i said am not professional, so i need something easy to use.

Thnx a lot!!!

Try Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It's cheap but good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mottel View Post
    THIS IS MY QUESTION:
    I need an easy to use editing software that wud give me professional results, but my budget is really low!! and as i said am not professional, so i need something easy to use.
    That is not a question. It is a statement.
    Tim

4. Default not a question...

[to tim]
    well... not all questions have to finish with a "?"

5. Default

thnx a lot midnight Blue!!!
    i'll check it out

6. Default

[to Midnight Blue or Anyone else that thinks cn help me]

is there in open source comparable to Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 ?

What dyu think about AdobePremiere Elements 9? is it better than Sony Vegas?

Also, what can u advice for something like AfterFX from Adobe also, just for much less $ ?

Thnx!

Thnx

Apple released the new mac mini's today. the entry level one is dirt cheap and it comes with imovie for your editing needs. Motion is dirt cheap too, it isn't quite as versatile as After Effects, but for motion graphics and basic (beyond that of an NLE) compositing it's excellent.

It could be worth considering. If the graphics on the highest level one was a bit better it could be quite a serious little machine. I'm sure they kept it that touch low as they knew it would dunt into their imac sales if they never. For entry level film making/graphics the basic model (with an external drive) could be ideal, for use with motion I think you'd want to up the RAM a bit.

It's dirt cheap by comparison but it's still a bit of dosh. The total price, even if you add FCPX at some time after outgrowing imove, is still only a fraction of an equivalent PC base unit and equivalent NLE and After Effects.

I've been an on and off Linux user over the years and I've been keep a close eye on open source video/graphics related software. There isn't much that's that good. Blender is rock solid these days and I've heard of people using it as a 3d modelling/graphics/editing all in one package, but it's not so straight forward to learn andit's not really designed for editing. I did give a go a few times and found that it seemed to run better on Linux than Windows, but it's been a while since I last tried it.

Lumierra is looking quite promising on the open source editing front, but it's not released yet. The bottom line is this. Anything I ever found open source related to video or graphics (other than the gimp, Blender and Inkscape) is very limited in what it can do and runs very unstable.

I always reckoned Windows Movie Maker should have just added 1 more video track and a couple more audio tracks, but instead they messed it up when they brought out Vista.

David.
    Last edited by david walsh; 07-20-2011 at 08:25 PM.

8. Default

i have an i7 2nd gen 2.0ghz hp laptop with 8gb ram... so needsomething for pc... thnx!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by david walsh View Post
    Apple released the new mac mini's today. the entry level one is dirt cheap and it comes with imovie for your editing needs. Motion is dirt cheap too, it isn't quite as versatile as After Effects, but for motion graphics and basic (beyond that of an NLE) compositing it's excellent.

It could be worth considering. If the graphics on the highest level one was a bit better it could be quite a serious little machine. I'm sure they kept it that touch low as they knew it would dunt into their imac sales if they never. For entry level film making/graphics the basic model (with an external drive) could be ideal, for use with motion I think you'd want to up the RAM a bit.

It's dirt cheap by comparison but it's still a bit of dosh. The total price, even if you add FCPX at some time after outgrowing imove, is still only a fraction of an equivalent PC base unit and equivalent NLE and After Effects.

I've been an on and off Linux user over the years and I've been keep a close eye on open source video/graphics related software. There isn't much that's that good. Blender is rock solid these days and I've heard of people using it as a 3d modelling/graphics/editing all in one package, but it's not so straight forward to learn andit's not really designed for editing. I did give a go a few times and found that it seemed to run better on Linux than Windows, but it's been a while since I last tried it.

Lumierra is looking quite promising on the open source editing front, but it's not released yet. The bottom line is this. Anything I ever found open source related to video or graphics (other than the gimp, Blender and Inkscape) is very limited in what it can do and runs very unstable.

I always reckoned Windows Movie Maker should have just added 1 more video track and a couple more audio tracks, but instead they messed it up when they brought out Vista.

David.

i have an i7 2nd gen 2.0ghz hp laptop with 8gb ram... so needsomething for pc... thnx!

You don't really want to be going getting rid of that for a mac mini. Sadly video related software for Windows isn't so cheap, isn't so good or isn't so stable.

You'd do much better going with the basic Sony or Adobe versions than an open source attempt at the pro versions, they wont be as feature rich but will be far more stable.

The only thing I can say is once you decide on something get an external firewire or network drive. While laptops are becoming more powerful they aren't great for video editing. The most obvious drawback being the single drive, but an external is an easy solution.

David.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast