Thread: pocket camera vs. dedicated camcorder?

1. Default pocket camera vs. dedicated camcorder?

hello, I would like to get into a tad more "serious" video editing. Most of which will be downhill longboarding.
    this kinda videos I`m talking about:

I`m on a budget and considering either a Sony HX9v because of its DH 60p mode, but it bothers me that there is no manual focus mode. The other would be a camcorder, something like Samsung HMX-h200...or what would you recomend.
    300-400 budget. I already have a zoom H2 that I could use for sound.

I would take a look at the panasonic SD90.

3. Default

sd90 looks great a bit out of my budget but still.... Is anything cheaper even worth considering?

nice video. guy's got some bolloks !

I suppose you could look at the SD80 but it's not as good, it has a smaller sensor. There are so many cameras out there around this price range it's hard to know them all and I have to admit I don't normally look at this price range. I recommended the SD90 because I've seen it in action and gives a nice image and has good reviews. If you go to cnet.com and have a look at the reviews of the cameras in your price range this might help you. I would advise you don't go for the Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I suppose you could look at the SD80 but it's not as good, it has a smaller sensor. There are so many cameras out there around this price range it's hard to know them all and I have to admit I don't normally look at this price range. I recommended the SD90 because I've seen it in action and gives a nice image and has good reviews. If you go to cnet.com and have a look at the reviews of the cameras in your price range this might help you. I would advise you don't go for the Samsung.
    I have an SD80 and I'm very pleased with it, I tried to get an SD60 after reading many reviews but I couldn't find one in stock anywhere.

7. Default

the sd60 is more in my price range, and seem to be very similar to sd90 spec vise and so does the sony handycam cx115, which I can get even cheaper.