Thread: Dead Infection Episode 2 Trailer

Default Dead Infection Episode 2 Trailer

Hey everyone,

Been working on my Dead Infection series, so far got episode 1 out, linked it on here on a previous date for some feedback.

Nearly finished episode 2.

Basically ive just released a trailer for Episode 2 and wanted to know what people think.

Got the theme and idea from Dead Island trailer as it inspired me and thought the music was amazing and well suited.

Heres the link:

Please let me know what you think!

Cheer,

Nic

Looks good to me.

Not a bad start. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the goal of a trailer is to make me want to watch the movie. This doesn't quite do it for me. It simply looks like every other zombie movie. I actually the thought the best part of the trailer was the last scene, where we see the gunman up close and he walks out of the scene. Makes me think there's more to this movie than zombies, and that it's more about the man's emotions/struggle as he is thrust into this world.

Quote Originally Posted by BroChris View Post
    Not a bad start. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the goal of a trailer is to make me want to watch the movie. This doesn't quite do it for me. It simply looks like every other zombie movie. I actually the thought the best part of the trailer was the last scene, where we see the gunman up close and he walks out of the scene. Makes me think there's more to this movie than zombies, and that it's more about the man's emotions/struggle as he is thrust into this world.
    Thanks for the advice mate.

Yeah there is meant to be alot more to it than infected people. Whole series is based around the character that you see and how he changes throughout the series. Glad that you noticed the last shot and that it had affect.

thought it looked pretty good to be honest man infact im gonna go check out the first episode now haha

Nice, I enjoyed it. Better than most amateur zombie content I've seen. Though for the sound, the first shot where you first have them running, the sound was kind of loud, shouldve been a lower pitch maybe, or just take the volume down on it a bit. Other than that, add some 2.35 aspect ratio bars, crush the blacks a little more, shoot at 24fps and it'd be pretty close to looking cinematic.

Oh one more thing, when doing vfx keep in mind the affect your effects have on the environment, like for example, on that muzzle flash, there would have been a bit of a glow on part of the dudes arm, and a bit of the gun, maybe a tiny little bit on the edge of his face. Things like that just help to make it more realistic.