Thread: Is it possible to unistall sony vegas 10?

1. Thumbs down Is it possible to unistall sony vegas 10?

Hello..
    I installed Sony Vegas 10 few months ago. Now i want to delete it, because some plugins and mods totally ruined and crashed it. I want to re-install, but when i run the installer, it gives me error that Sony Vegas is already installed (hate when developers don't allow to user install two copies in one PC).. I were searching for Sony Vegas in "Unistall or change program" window, but could not find it.. Searched for unistall exe file, also didnt find it. Then i deleted Sony Vegas from registry, but still gives me that error.. So, is it possible to delete Sony Vegas? If yes, how?

Blog Entries

Contact Sony Creative Software (via Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing) and they'll send you detailed instructions and'or batch files to remove it. Assuming you've registered your serial number, that is.

As an aside I don't really see how you can install two copies of the same program. It's not just a case of stufing a load of files in a folder like it was in the good old, bad old DOS days. There will be registry entries and shared DLLs to consider.
    You can run two (or more, I guess, though I've never tried) independent instances of Vegas at the same time (which is a great advantage). You can also have both 32-bit and 64bit versions installed. So why would you want two installations? If your concern is simply that you can't re-install because the installation program is detecting a corrupt installation, that is a good thing. You have a corrupt installation so any further attempt to install might result in that orruption being perpetuated.
    Tim

You could try doing a system restore at a point before you installed Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You could try doing a system restore at a point before you installed Vegas.
    Or at least before you deleted the registry stuff and then uninstall Vegas using "add,remove programs"