Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demonic activity

Default Demonic activity

PLEASE LEAVE LIKE,FAV AND LEAVE COMMENTS ON THIS VIDEO AND IF YOU ENJOYED IT SUBSCRIBE TO ‪mattdaviestv's Channel‬‏ - YouTube FOR MORE HORROR/THILLER, COMEDY SKETCHES AND VLOG TYPE VIDEOS TO COME
    Last edited by mattdaviestv; 07-18-2011 at 08:05 PM.

if i were you, I would work on your angles a bit more. try to do few still shots and more moving closeups. like when you were walking down the stairs, it would have been better to show the camera moving with your face/upper torso down the stairs. Also, the sound fx could be a bit better. They seem a bit repetitive in some cases and too loud. try making your own. You never know, you could come out with something better than the stuff you can find on findsounds.com.

Default thanks for comment

thanks for the comment man on both vids i appreicte it and yeh i know how you mean unfortunetly my camera seems always zoomed in i would love and have wanted to get better angles than this but until i get a better camera i have to work with what i can make it do haha and same for sound im considering buying a boom mic but again expensive i have a new video out im posting it on here today actually haha

No expert,
    - but I thought the sounds were a tad intrusive, seems to come from my LH speaker initially and later, the "TV-sound" is too loud - it's easy enough to adjust audio in Vegas Studio, but you don't say what Editor you use.
    I'm not sure about the content, but as that's subjective it should not be taken as a crititism just because I didn't get it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Let's say this is "experimental" - & that's fine.
    The walking downstairs (did he come back?) is a tricky camera move and I though there was jerkiness, due to sensor/framing (see this Site, my comments on moving staircase and Vegas Studio stabalisation, sorry can't point you to it, don't know how!). the only cure is to do it differently, maybe film the foot-fall, and that needs mechanical tracks, I guess expensive although I've seen ladders used as rails! You'll need a wide staircase (=switch locations).
    I really like the blurry head-shaking at the end.....how?
    However, some effects may be due to watching on a PC monitor....dunno.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 07-25-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    No expert,
    - but I thought the sounds were a tad intrusive, seems to come from my LH speaker initially and later, the "TV-sound" is too loud - it's easy enough to adjust audio in Vegas Studio, but you don't say what Editor you use.
    I'm not sure about the content, but as that's subjective it should not be taken as a crititism just because I didn't get it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Let's say this is "experimental" - & that's fine.
    The walking downstairs (did he come back?) is a tricky camera move and I though there was jerkiness, due to sensor/framing (see this Site, my comments on moving staircase and Vegas Studio stabalisation, sorry can't point you to it, don't know how!). the only cure is to do it differently, maybe film the foot-fall, and that needs mechanical tracks, I guess expensive although I've seen ladders used as rails! You'll need a wide staircase (=switch locations).
    I really like the blurry head-shaking at the end.....how?
    However, some effects may be due to watching on a PC monitor....dunno.
    the sounds were ones i found that i thought fit although i used them a tad bit repetitively and yes the tv part in my opinion just didnt go right for me at all haha and i use cyberlink powerdirector i could do a much better job with this vid a few months on with stuff i now know. and yes its not so much experimental although its not to be taken as any sort of serious horror plot either its simply a horror short for my youtube channel and yes as i replied to previous comments i could get better shots than that but with a better camera etc and haha yes different locations is something im going to work on in future but currently im doing what i can with my home, no budget, mediocre camera and no seperate sound recording system :P

and the head shake effect is qutie simple keep the body still move the head in multiple directions quickly speed it up and add a delay effect and youve done it

thanks for the comment appreiciate it

Same comments I put on your other video. I feel you have the talent to create a good atmosphere and hope you can nurture this to eventually bring out better videos. This has a better narrative than the forest video.
    Re the stairs shot etc. It doesn't matter what camera you have it's all about the way you use it. You just need practise at coming up with different types of shots. Try and find some good YouTube tutorials on camera angles and when to use them. Or get a good book if people still read books.

Your potential is there you just need help bringing it out. AND lots of practise.

Keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Same comments I put on your other video. I feel you have the talent to create a good atmosphere and hope you can nurture this to eventually bring out better videos. This has a better narrative than the forest video.
    Re the stairs shot etc. It doesn't matter what camera you have it's all about the way you use it. You just need practise at coming up with different types of shots. Try and find some good YouTube tutorials on camera angles and when to use them. Or get a good book if people still read books.

Your potential is there you just need help bringing it out. AND lots of practise.

Keep at it.
    loving the feedback man seriously thanks really starting to like this site for stuff like that and yeh what i ment is my camera for some reason seems zoomed all the time even when fully zoomed out so when i tried the better angles it cut out portions of the shot i wanted so i tried multiple ones til i got that one it wasnt the one i wanted but more the best i could get at the time haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattdaviestv View Post
    loving the feedback man seriously thanks really starting to like this site for stuff like that and yeh what i ment is my camera for some reason seems zoomed all the time even when fully zoomed out so when i tried the better angles it cut out portions of the shot i wanted so i tried multiple ones til i got that one it wasnt the one i wanted but more the best i could get at the time haha
    Matt, without wishing to be picky, some punctuation wouldn't go amiss. I'm finding it really difficult to read your posts. For example, I have no idea what yo are trying to explain about your camera's zoom.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Matt, without wishing to be picky, some punctuation wouldn't go amiss. I'm finding it really difficult to read your posts. For example, I have no idea what yo are trying to explain about your camera's zoom.
    all im gonna say is this is an internet forum not an English class punctuation isnt needed here lol :P
    if you cant understand what i just said familiarise your self with how people type online more

I'm finding it really difficult to read your posts.
    Is it because he's from up north.

I think he's saying his camera is buggered because his zoom is stuck fully zoomed in. May be that's why the shot of the clock is so wobbly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast