Thread: AREA53 - horror movie teaser

Default AREA53 - horror movie teaser

"AREA 53" is a horror movie teaser. The project is still in development (adjusting the script, casting actors, searching for the right locations..)
    Shot on a T2i - 1920x1080 - 25p - edited with premiere CS5, VFX with AE ( of course ), some 3d stuff with 3d studio.

I hope you guys can check it out and let me know what you think of it. I am always looking for new feedback.

see ya
    Daniel

Blog Entries

Looks very good - well shot and edited and a B+ for the FX.
    But - far too long for a trailer. Including the whole scene at the begining really didn't work - not only is it too long for a trailer, but, being only a scene the audience has no idea of the characters and thus doesn't know or care who the good guys are. So just keep it to the action and mystery. It's also very confusing/unrealistic. We see teh guy in the isolation suit get shot and then get up again = OK, so maybe he's a zombie - but where is the bullet damage on his cosyume? More importantly, he seems to run another 20 yards and the guys in battle dress who were so intent on following him just give up?
    I think all the material is there for a good trailer, it just needs reworking in the edit.
    Good luck.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Looks very good - well shot and edited and a B+ for the FX.
    But - far too long for a trailer. Including the whole scene at the begining really didn't work - not only is it too long for a trailer, but, being only a scene the audience has no idea of the characters and thus doesn't know or care who the good guys are. So just keep it to the action and mystery. It's also very confusing/unrealistic. We see teh guy in the isolation suit get shot and then get up again = OK, so maybe he's a zombie - but where is the bullet damage on his cosyume? More importantly, he seems to run another 20 yards and the guys in battle dress who were so intent on following him just give up?
    I think all the material is there for a good trailer, it just needs reworking in the edit.
    Good luck.
    Thanks Tim, you have an impressive care about details!

This is not really a teaser, those are complete scenes extracted from the script.
    Needed to show something to actors and fillmakers to build up a troupe and the cast.

I've wrote down all your advices and I'll adjust the details!

Daniel

seen this before somewhere, im pretty sure i have haha

really awesome, great editing, great effects and just overall good video looking forward to the full movie.

what tim said about the bullet holes i agree with n personally id just add a gun shot effect when the initial shots take place then put actual holes with some sought of red stain on the costume

Quote Originally Posted by mattdaviestv View Post
    seen this before somewhere, im pretty sure i have haha

really awesome, great editing, great effects and just overall good video looking forward to the full movie.

what tim said about the bullet holes i agree with n personally id just add a gun shot effect when the initial shots take place then put actual holes with some sought of red stain on the costume
    uh... really? I have posted this video on indietalk too! ...and probably on a couple of other forums too.
    ...still trying to get some people to join the project!

Daniel

Its hard getting good people to join and stay with a project...I know I've struggled with that problem for years......Far tooo long for a trailer but as you say its length is due to allowing your talent to see their efforts. Really good effort let down by mediocre effects
    http://www.soundzshop.com
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

http://www.soundclick.com/solway

Quote Originally Posted by OmnesImaginesMundi View Post
    uh... really? I have posted this video on indietalk too! ...and probably on a couple of other forums too.
    ...still trying to get some people to join the project!

Daniel
    not to sure may have just came across it on the tube to be honest mate and ah thats a shame hope you find your cast