Thread: Video Editing Software

Default Video Editing Software

Hi,

I am new to video editing. I have just managed to capture video into Windows Movie Maker. This s/w seems to have most of the features I need, like adding text, sounds and easy editing. However, I cannot find any way to burn my 'videos' to say a DVD? Does anybody know if this is possible? or if not, what alternative s/w I could use?

Many thanks

Darren

Windows Movie Maker will not burn to DVD. You will export the movie from Windows Movie Maker as a DV AVI file. You will bring this AVI file into another piece of software that will burn to DVD. I use Adobe Encore, but that might be too expensive to start out with. Iím sure others will give you examples of software you can use.

James

i use ulead dvd workshop, it's insanely easy to use and extremly quick to pick up i think they offer a free trial i'm not sure though.
    i eat hobbits!!!!!!

I'm heavily into free video editing tools (at least until folks understand what they ant for a tool and what's going to give them the best bang for their buck).

As far as free DVD burners are concerned try DVD-Flick. It supports over 60 video codecs and 40 audio codecs. On top of that it allows you to add a seprate audio track to your DVD (For the directors commentary!)

Windows Movie maker is a fine tool to start with (although it is noted as being a little unstable), but you might want to consider some of the other tools that are available for free.

Wax
    A free tool with powerful editing and compositing abilities.

Video Spin
    Video Spin is the free video editing tool from Avid.

T@B ZS4
    T2B ZS4 is a free video editing and compositing tool from Zwei-Stein. Its not for everyone, but it could be for you.

Vivia
    Vivia is a basic editing software which is currently being developed and is in Beta testing. If you are using Linux or Windows you might want to check this out

Jahshaka
    Jahshaka is a free multi-use offline editing tool. Although it is still fairly new on the market.

Avidemux
    One of the more stable and complete free tools available.

Blender
    Blender is a powerful, multi-use editing/compositing and modeling tool. It's one of the best on the market and it's free. But it is complex and focused more at 3D work

Hope you find what you need to solve your problem!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a comprehensive list of freeware look at the thread I started in Forum Announcements, News and Off-Topic and look under Free Stuff. Video Spin is made by Pinnacle unless Avid has a similar named piece of software.