Thread: Sci-Fi presentation

Default Sci-Fi presentation

I only just found this site, have been meaning to find something like this for a while now
    This video is a tribute to Science Fiction, it was the beginning of a longer (30 minute) presentation, which I cannot post due to the involvement of several people in voice-overs. I would love to hear any comments and criticisms, this being only my second attempt at video editing. I might try to post the whole thing, just not sure at the moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unsilviu View Post
    This video is a tribute to Science Fiction, it was the beginning of a longer (30 minute) presentation, which I cannot post due to the involvement of several people in voice-overs.
    I'm a bit confused by this. You're concerned about posting stuff which has other people's voice-overs, yet you're quite happy to post stuff you've taken from Hollywood films?
    That aside, there seems to be not attempt to edit on the beats which makes it less pleasant to watch, for example the cut from the cityscape to the space station at around 32 secs is particularly jarring whereas a split second earlier or later would have fallen on one ofthe beats which would work with the edit rather than against it.

The 2nd and third shots were really too similar, such that the cut seemed like an uncomfortable jump cut, rather than a change of the viewers perspective.
    Tim

If you pause the video at 0:19 you can see the astronaut is well lit with the light source coming from the left, presumably the sun as it was the only light source. In the reflection on the helmet you can see the shadow of the person taking the photo, the shadow of that person is pointing directly towards the astronaut. (wrong direction) as it should be pointing to the side to correspond with the light source. Also the reflection show another astronaut as far as I remember there was only ever two astronauts at a time on the moon.

Can anyone explain this ?

Blog Entries

The shadow is pointing away from the subject (the "head" is nearest the reflected horizon, with the feet nearest the floor). The light is primarily from behind the subject (which is why we can see it on the back of his right leg even though it is towards the camera - were the light from his left, it would also be on the front of his right leg). The shadow in the reflection is leaning slightly to the left which is entirely consistent with the light source coming from behind the subject, slightly over his left shoulde).

And the shadow is of a tripod, not an astronaut which would presumably be much bulkier.

Nice try Midnight, but your conspiracy theory has been debunked. At least for this photo
    Tim

I accept it is a tripod but shouldn't the shadow of the tripod follow the the same path as the astronauts lighting i.e. back and to the left. back and to the left. back and to the left.

Blog Entries

As I see it, it does follow the lighting. Without drawing it out I cannot explain. And if you've ever seen my drawings, well ...
    Tim

Alright, I can see your not going to bite on this.

You win.